Fishing after rain

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
westvic
Has liked: 154 times

Fishing after rain

Post by westvic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:14 am

I'm planning to head to Rocklands Reservoir next weekend (Dec 9/10). I've fished there before for plenty of carp and Redfin and yabbies. Usually drowning worms and jigging around snags and trees.

This weekend looks like it will be dumping a LOT of rain in that area so I'm expecting that the water level will have risen quite a bit and that there will be plenty of dirty water due to runoff.

Any suggestions on changes to technique or things to try? Are recently submerged areas worth targeting? if so when and with what?

PS for those that havent been there it is a magnificent place to camp and fish with some areas being 2WD and facilities while others are 4WD only and no facilities other than a tree. Having a boat definitely helps. Being State Forest the rules around camping and camp fires are pretty relaxed.

ratbag

Re: Fishing after rain

Post by ratbag » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:30 am

Always good to fish the areas covered by rising water, the bugs get active and the fish will be there feeding. the hour after the sun drops thru to when the sun hits the water will often see the fish more relaxed to come into the shallow water.
quid est quod eum

westvic
Has liked: 154 times

Re: Fishing after rain

Post by westvic » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:45 pm

ratbag wrote:Always good to fish the areas covered by rising water, the bugs get active and the fish will be there feeding. the hour after the sun drops thru to when the sun hits the water will often see the fish more relaxed to come into the shallow water.
thanks, will give it a go

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”