Whats the latest status of the hazelwood barra.

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Whats the latest status of the hazel wood barra.

Post by Mattblack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:54 am

Paul Foot wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Marty.A wrote:
rb85 wrote:
barra mick wrote:
the fisheries will not be allowed to coment

Ive spoken to a few fisheties officiers off tbe record and there embarrsed by the state off play

Maybe tackle world will step in and save the day
Sounds like nobody wants to address the fact that the fishery was overall a failure. Any future stocking programs and committees involved should never again be allowed to be stacked with tackle retailer personnel in the way that the Hazelwood Barra program was set up.
Watched the start of the new Talking Fishing show series last Tuesday just to see if they mentioned anything and surprise surprise not a thing was mentioned about the barra in Hazelwood ;-) ;-)
The program needs to be renamed Talking Fishing Retail. Theres no more money to be made from the pondage.
I used to like that show, it was local and informative, a lot of fishing shows involve watching other people catch fish in exotic locations which is kind of boring.
x2...cant complain about them trying to flog some gear and make a buck out of it.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Whats the latest status of the hazel wood barra.

Post by rb85 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:55 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Paul Foot wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Marty.A wrote:
rb85 wrote:
Sounds like nobody wants to address the fact that the fishery was overall a failure. Any future stocking programs and committees involved should never again be allowed to be stacked with tackle retailer personnel in the way that the Hazelwood Barra program was set up.
Watched the start of the new Talking Fishing show series last Tuesday just to see if they mentioned anything and surprise surprise not a thing was mentioned about the barra in Hazelwood ;-) ;-)
The program needs to be renamed Talking Fishing Retail. Theres no more money to be made from the pondage.
I used to like that show, it was local and informative, a lot of fishing shows involve watching other people catch fish in exotic locations which is kind of boring.
x2...cant complain about them trying to flog some gear and make a buck out of it.
It's when the same sales people are on boards and committees that are supposed to look after recreational anglers best interests not their commercial interests does it become questionable.

Mattblack

Re: Whats the latest status of the hazelwood barra.

Post by Mattblack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:05 pm

I guess it was in everyone's best interest for the stocking program to work...win-win for everyone, but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm also pretty comfortable with tackle retailers representing the recreational fishermen because if we have healthy fisheries, there will be more demand for tackle etc....again, win-win.
*If you want unbiased opinions on equipment, come to forums like this and talk to guys that actually use the gear and don't get paid cash for comment (with the exception of miss Shimano of course! :-D )

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Mattblack wrote:I guess it was in everyone's best interest for the stocking program to work...win-win for everyone, but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm also pretty comfortable with tackle retailers representing the recreational fishermen because if we have healthy fisheries, there will be more demand for tackle etc....again, win-win.
*If you want unbiased opinions on equipment, come to forums like this and talk to guys that actually use the gear and don't get paid cash for comment (with the exception of miss Shimano of course! :-D )
Somewhat agree with you Mattblack except in the hazel wood barra situation the conflict of interest could be seen as being used to certain peoples favour i.e. The early fish (David Kramer stated on talking fishing who also works at tackle world and on the committee of the future fish foundation that "theres no early fish"), being able to fish and film in the exclusion zone where the public got fined then an unfair commercial advantage by their retailer claiming to have the know how. Remember the footage was on the national news as well as a live podcast.

All fishing media has a little bit of advertisement but the above mentioned is just taking the **** out of the fishing public who payed for the stocking.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:35 pm

rb85 wrote:
The early fish (David Kramer stated on talking fishing who also works at tackle world and on the committee of the future fish foundation that "theres no early fish"), being able to fish and film in the exclusion zone where the public got fined then an unfair commercial advantage by their retailer claiming to have the know how. Remember the footage was on the national news as well as a live podcast.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

rb85

Post by rb85 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:49 pm

4liters wrote:
rb85 wrote:
The early fish (David Kramer stated on talking fishing who also works at tackle world and on the committee of the future fish foundation that "theres no early fish"), being able to fish and film in the exclusion zone where the public got fined then an unfair commercial advantage by their retailer claiming to have the know how. Remember the footage was on the national news as well as a live podcast.
:rofl: why?

Mattblack

Post by Mattblack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:52 pm

rb85 wrote:
Mattblack wrote:I guess it was in everyone's best interest for the stocking program to work...win-win for everyone, but unfortunately it didn't work. I'm also pretty comfortable with tackle retailers representing the recreational fishermen because if we have healthy fisheries, there will be more demand for tackle etc....again, win-win.
Somewhat agree with you Mattblack except in the hazel wood barra situation the conflict of interest could be seen as being used to certain peoples favour i.e. The early fish (David Kramer stated on talking fishing who also works at tackle world and on the committee of the future fish foundation that "theres no early fish"), being able to fish and film in the exclusion zone where the public got fined then an unfair commercial advantage by their retailer claiming to have the know how. Remember the footage was on the national news as well as a live podcast.

All fishing media has a little bit of advertisement but the above mentioned is just taking the p1ss out of the fishing public who payed for the stocking.
Yep...I'll give you that. Pretty stupid doing something illegal when your an ambassador for the sport. But hey, who doesn't cock up once in a while....at least they won't be droning on about barramundi tomorrow night!

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”