FISHING SPOT

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Joker91
Has liked: 111 times

FISHING SPOT

Post by Joker91 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Im planning to go fresh water fishing hopefully next weekend and was hoping for a little advice and direction.

I've been fresh water wishing maybe 2 or 3 times at the lower Eildon pondage with a running sinker and using what i believe is called 'power bait'

So i was hoping to get some ideas on any good spots, the types of fish you catch there, bait, and rod set up (if you cant be bothered writing to much give me the spot and the types of fish there and i can research the rest)

i'll be leaving from Tullamarine and dont mind driving up to 1.5 hours away, and with the location i would prefer some were that is quieter and peaceful in comparison to any main waterholes filled with more people then fish (hence why i dont mind driving that little bit further).

Thanks in advanced guys! Hopefully ill be able to post a photo next week of my first fresh water fish!!! :super:

Marty.A

Re: FISHING SPOT

Post by Marty.A » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Get down to a tackle shop and grab a copy for $10 you cant go wrong if your new to the area.
Attachments
lake-eildon-afn-fishing-map-5.jpg
lake-eildon-afn-fishing-map-5.jpg (76.19 KiB) Viewed 674 times

Joker91

Post by Joker91 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 am

Do you know if BCF have a copy? at least that way I can get a copy early this week to study and plan what ill be doing.

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:33 am

Hit the Yarra mate anywhere with scrubbies! Your a shoe in for at least eels n carp. Running sinker rig is fine smallest weight u can get away with will do ya fine

Joker91

Post by Joker91 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:43 pm

What determines that 'smallest weight you can get away with' what factors are involved in making that decision.

I feel like going from salt/boat fishing to lake and on the banks is worlds apart (not sure if it is that different or im just making it more complicated for my self then what I need to do)

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”