Fishing Licence check

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Fishing Licence check

Post by russellh2 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:28 am

Had a funny experience many years ago - Was Fly fishing the Goulburn River, behind where the Blue Gums caravan Park is now - It did not exist at the time.
Picture this:-
Me - Standing knee deep in freezing water, casting, just on daylight.
Suddenly out of the virtual silence comes a voice from behind me "Good morning" // Me - Without turning around "Good morning"
Voice - "Doing any good" // Me - "No - Just started"
Just as if finished "No - Just started" - Bang, strike and hook-up.
Voice - "Well done" // Me - Silence, playing fish
Voice (while I am still playing fish) -"Do you have a fishing Licence" // Me - No response, I am still playing fish.
Voice, again,while I am still playing the fish, -"Do you have a fishing Licence" // Me - Finally glanced over my shoulder while I am still playing fish
Yep, you guessed it, a Fishing inspector, as they were called in those days
Fishing inspector, again,while I am still playing the fish -"Do you have a fishing Licence" // Me - "Yes"
Fishing inspector - "May I see it please" // Me - "Yes"
Fishing inspector - "Now Please" - I am still playing same fish // Me - "No"
Fishing inspector - "Sir, do you realise that it is an offence to fail to produce your Fishing Licence when requested by a Fishing inspector"
Me - "Yes", and you are welcome to come in (To the River) and see it (Laughing to myself).
Fishing inspector - Silence.
Me - Continued to play and eventually land 3+Lb Rainbow - Decided to exit river and have a chat with the Fishing Inspector, as I exited river - No Fishing inspector
Returned to car about 2 hours later only to find Fishing inspector sitting in his ute parked behind mine.
Fishing inspector - "Do you have a fishing Licence" // Me - Silence - Produced my licence and handed to him, which he checked and handed back to me.
Fishing inspector - "Thank you"
Me - Silence, while again laughing my head off inside at the situation as well as the look on his face - I guess he was P_SSED OFF

Tackleberry
Has liked: 301 times

Re: Fishing Licence check

Post by Tackleberry » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:45 am

what an absolute **** head he was i would have told him to get a pair of glass's
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”