Doon trip 5th-6th nov '16

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: Doon trip 5th-6th nov '16

Post by Boonanza » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Anything happening fellas?
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:24 pm

Naked backpackers. :thumbsup:
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Boonanza

Post by Boonanza » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:34 pm

davek wrote:Naked backpackers. :thumbsup:
The fish must be waiting for team Boony to arrive :rofl:

We will be up there Tomorrow arvo around 5. :cheers:

Good luck fellas :thumbsup:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:41 pm

A few yellas taken tonight, 1 monsta. :water:

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:43 pm

Done and dusted. Another trip wrapped up.
Didn't catch a fish myself(don't really care) the kids looked after my rods and caught 3 or 4 yellas each, so that'll do me.
I think there might be a change of venue next year though, if they weather doesn't sort itself out.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:27 am

Because of the wind & the sub zero temperatures that came with it, I didn't wet a line until Saturday night.
Carp,redfin & yella's were landed by the others, but I doughnutted as usual.
Early Sunday morning I had a bit of a fish. got up early as my airbed decided to deflate, overnight.
The morning was quiet , with no action.
I decided to retrieve the "unweighted prawn" when wham I'm on.
Felt like a banjo, sucking the bottom.Using skills learnt over a number of years, I managed to dislodge it.
It did not fight much & was soon landed.
It was a metre long Gum, only a juvenile & not in great condition.

Dave hooked (or it hooked Dave) a massive Stacer & although you could see it, it could not be landed.
Dave didn't complain as, Drew2 had helped Dave take down he's tree decorations.

Was great to see the regulars & meet Mrs K, True Dog, Barra Mick & Di.
I thought BM had done up a 14ft tinny, if you thought the same, double that, it's huge.
It's definitely a grouse offshore boat.

Cheers
Gra

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:36 pm

Was good to catch up with some familiar faces and meet some new ones. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the weather wasn't the best again :down: Some nice yella's were landed from the bank out front of camp and plenty of carp sent to a better place :super: Was great to see the kid's (both old and young) getting amongst 'em

Sadly the behaviour of landbased fisho's is getting worse over there.Someone wrapped braid all round my prop hub in an attempt to destroy the seal and let water in where oil should be,i suspect it was the same person who had earlier left hooks in the trees at head height in my secret fishing spot to deter me from going there.

But strangest of all was this guy with a fake beard and sunny's on, who come up to me,said 5hit, and then hobbled off into the distance leaving his rod in as a set line.I was gonna ring 13fish but thought it would be easier to just pull it in,so i did.
He was using a 30 cm live carp for bait :o_0: he wasn't happy when he came back and seen i had taken it out and killed it.

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:02 pm

drew 2 wrote:Was good to catch up with some familiar faces and meet some new ones. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately the weather wasn't the best again :down: Some nice yella's were landed from the bank out front of camp and plenty of carp sent to a better place :super: Was great to see the kid's (both old and young) getting amongst 'em

Sadly the behaviour of landbased fisho's is getting worse over there.Someone wrapped braid all round my prop hub in an attempt to destroy the seal and let water in where oil should be,i suspect it was the same person who had earlier left hooks in the trees at head height in my secret fishing spot to deter me from going there.

But strangest of all was this guy with a fake beard and sunny's on, who come up to me,said 5hit, and then hobbled off into the distance leaving his rod in as a set line.I was gonna ring 13fish but thought it would be easier to just pull it in,so i did.
He was using a 30 cm live carp for bait :o_0: he wasn't happy when he came back and seen i had taken it out and killed it.
F##K me they wrapped braid around your prop then the hooks in the tree's :o_0: There are too many w#nkers and downright a$$holes among us fisho's
and its only a matter of time before certain area's are closed of to us because these knobs.Ive lost count how many times I get to an area then find its full of old line ,bait and lure packets ,cans and bottles I try to clean up as much as I can but its getting to be a bad joke.

Boonanza

Post by Boonanza » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Sounds like it was another eventful trip as always. :-D Sorry I missed it but we did venture up there around lunchtime yesterday but everyone one was gone as I expected. We fished all day without a bite and then after dark we had 3 bites for 3 yellas all around the 32-35cm mark. Tried again this morning but not even a touch so packed up headed home to watch the Aussies pull off a miracle :cheers:

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:17 pm

Marty.A wrote:
drew 2 wrote:Was good to catch up with some familiar faces and meet some new ones. :thumbsup:

F##K me they wrapped braid around your prop then the hooks in the tree's :o_0: There are too many w#nkers and downright a$$holes among us fisho's
and its only a matter of time before certain area's are closed of to us because these knobs.Ive lost count how many times I get to an area then find its full of old line ,bait and lure packets ,cans and bottles I try to clean up as much as I can but its getting to be a bad joke.
Here we go again lol cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”