Jindabyne Lake fishing for fun!

If it doesn't fit in a specific freshwater fishing section, post it here
fishsticks

Re: Jindabyne Lake fishing for fun!

Post by fishsticks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:22 pm

i have had the same experience at Eildon pondage with the jumping fish. nothing would entice them and i recon i saw 50 fish jump in an hour. lucky we had some snags and a portable stove that day. I have never had any luck with the powerbait stuff but that doesnt mean it doesnt work. i prefer blades and tassie devils in running rivers and streams and i like to be wadeing and walking through the water so i can cast upstream and return it over their heads.

but remember, if there is a bait in the water you have a chance of catching fish, its that simple.

good luck next time mate!
In every species of fish I’ve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn’t, much of the thrill of angling would be gone. –Ray Bergman

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:39 pm

Trout can switch on or off with their feeding.

Fishing over rising ground, worms stand out, especially a type of scrub worm. Yabbies do well as do mudeyes.

Powerbait does work well.

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:48 pm

At least you have fun. Both on snow and water..... Me.... I decide to hit the snow @ Bullers, and forgo the water.... and came back with a broken arm :(...

Now, Not allow Snow and nto allow fishing for the next few month !....

PS - Waiting on surgery atm.... Public Health System sucsk !

Return to “General Fresh Water Fishing”