Tasmanian Devil lures

Targetting a specific fish species? Post your tactics here...
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Tasmanian Devil lures

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:44 am

Sinsemilla wrote:You're best off getting a couple different sizes in a few different colors. There isn't one lure or color that catches all the fish.

Cheer, Anth
We were fishing Tantangara in November, and after a lot of trial and error, we found the exact colour the trout were taking, that only problem is we had one, one only.

Guess what we lost it, and didn't catch anymore fish.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:38 am

laneends wrote:Like most lures you hit pay dirt for whatever reason on any particular day, so you then keep trying this new "fav" lure. Then because it gets used more you catch more on it thus proving to yourself its the best colour. Ignoring the fact it caught most because you use it the most. Then one day you think the same of a different colour.
Pretty much on the money

ratbag

Post by ratbag » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:38 pm

4liters wrote:Pink, and also all the other colours
what he said! pink is a good starting lure
quid est quod eum

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:49 pm

For some reason pink is a proven colour. It represents nothing natural, but I believe it has more to do with it being an agressive strike from the fish, as opposed to a feeding strike. If I was to pick only a few colours, I would have a clown (white with black & red dots), pinky (pink body and wings), frog (green and gold with black dots), bengal tiger (black/yellow/orange with black dots), bloody ripper (white/red), and something with yellow wings such as yellow mongrel or yellow sunset. Check out the colour chart and you'll see what I'm referring to. For trolling I will only ever use the 20 & 26gm sizes, as I believe they have a better action for that purpose. And if you want to experiment further there are also other brands of winged lures on the market, such as tillins, sting, loftys, etc. And we haven't started looking at bibbed lures, spoons, flies, attractors, lol an addiction in the making. And this is only trout fishing...

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:57 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:You're best off getting a couple different sizes in a few different colors. There isn't one lure or color that catches all the fish.

Cheer, Anth
We were fishing Tantangara in November, and after a lot of trial and error, we found the exact colour the trout were taking, that only problem is we had one, one only.

I've been in that same situation many times Wolly. That's why i use soft plastics so much these days.. If i lose the go to lure i know i got another 10 in the packet!

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:54 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:

Cheer, Anth

I've been in that same situation many times Wolly. That's why i use soft plastics so much these days.. If i lose the go to lure i know i got another 10 in the packet!
Except when it is the last soft plastic in the packet. :rofl: :banana:

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:46 pm

I think they are pretty good. They have caught fish but I prefer HB or vibes.

Return to “Fishing techniques”