Rod / Reel / Line Storage

Targetting a specific fish species? Post your tactics here...
scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Rod / Reel / Line Storage

Post by scott__henning » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:00 am

Graeme wrote:I'm pretty fussy with my gear and always give it a wash down after every session ,I'll give it a spray of Inox if its coped a real hard time.
Then dry it off store the rods away ,put the reels back in their boxes all ready for the next session.
All part of the enjoyment of fishing i reckon

Far out that's way to tidy an organised, I can't even look at it!

I give my gear a rinse when I get home and they go straight back in the shed. They tend to stay rigged up unless they need to be re-done. I've got an hour trip back from Welshpool usually, and definitely can't be bothered putting too much effort into cleanup at that point :-D

one2three

Post by one2three » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:28 am

Rustie wrote:I hose my reels and rods and use my pet dryer to blow them out dry... and add 1 or 2 drop oil on the main shaft of the reel.

as for the line n hooks, i put them on a rig storage.. something like that. wash it when i reach home and dry it with my pet dryer.

pet dryer. Image

normally i will check the hooks if they are still sharp, if not i will use a stone to sharpen them again.Image
Anyone else use this method
Jack of all trades, Master of none

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:45 am

one2three wrote:
Rustie wrote:I hose my reels and rods and use my pet dryer to blow them out dry... and add 1 or 2 drop oil on the main shaft of the reel.

as for the line n hooks, i put them on a rig storage.. something like that. wash it when i reach home and dry it with my pet dryer.

pet dryer. Image

normally i will check the hooks if they are still sharp, if not i will use a stone to sharpen them again.Image
Anyone else use this method
Nope

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:41 pm

Im really late to the party with this reply :ch:

After just spending 45mins trying to re-organise my rods in the shed (Again) to include the whiting setups that i have been purchasing recently. I have come to the conclusion that i need more rod racks. And that i need to remove the reels to fit my rods on without all the reels getting in the way of each other.

Also i am liking the idea of the pool noodle for rigs. At the moment i use zip lock bags with 3 or 4 rigs in each, but they still manage to get in a tangle. If i am going to be removing reels then i want to be able to save the rigs in a hassle free way and this seems like the best idea ive seen yet.
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

Return to “Fishing techniques”