Sport Fishing Australia

Targetting a specific fish species? Post your tactics here...
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Sport Fishing Australia

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Bought this magazine today and boy does it contain some extremely useful information.

There are surf rigs, snapper fishing info for landbased anglers, squid fishing info, plus kayaks, trout. redfin, bream. Eagle rays.

Basically the magazine articles are saying many of the things that have been written about here, plus a few that haven't.

I am not going to plagiarise the magazine or articles so get your own copy then we can talk.

It is published by Australian Fishing network. (who do not sponsor this site)

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Sport Fishing Australia

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:27 pm

got mine a week ago always some good reading

I was going to try the snapper swing rig for early snapper when they dont tend to bite very well
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:20 pm

cheaterparts wrote:got mine a week ago always some good reading

I was going to try the snapper swing rig for early snapper when they dont tend to bite very well
Yeah it is a great mag, use to buy Fresh water fishing, even got the first copy he published of Fresh Water Fishing.

So this mag will now become my regular one.

The trick with the lures in surf spining should be worth a try, use to do that with trout and trolling.

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:40 pm

It's a great read, very informative, probably the best fishing mag available in Australia .

It only comes out every 3 months, I got a 3 year subscription for Christmas last year.

Well worth the $.

The gifter only has herself to blame for me now wanting a kayak!

Cam.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:08 pm

SFP Guy. wrote: probably the best fishing mag available in Australia
I will take your word for it! I religiously purchase the AFN Freshwater Fishing mag. I believe it would be hard writing for the magazines in regards to coming up with subject matter that hasn't been covered before. Sometimes subjects seem to be repeated in some issues like 'Trolling For Trout In Eildon' followed by 'Using Soft Plastics For Trout In Eildon' or 'Cathing Trout In Eildon As Accidentally When Targeting Redfin' etc. What I think is worthwhile is reading articles in the mag about fish species that I don't chase as you can still find some relevant ideas.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:00 am

cheaterparts wrote:got mine a week ago always some good reading

I actually had used the 'swing rig' a few times, when I thought to myself 'what would happen if' I only baited the top hook and left the bottom one free.

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:42 am

ok before anyone jumps down my throat for asking i have checked google to try to find this info lol. what is a snapper swing rig? i have never heard of it.

bradp
Has liked: 42 times

Post by bradp » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 am

There is a barcode in the article that is a link to a video showing how the rig works.

The link is to a private video :/

I posted on the AFN facebook site telling them the issue, but haven't heard back yet

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:ok before anyone jumps down my throat for asking i have checked google to try to find this info lol. what is a snapper swing rig? i have never heard of it.
A fancy name! :shutup: Neither had I heard of it until I bought the magazine, but then I had been occasionally using the technique anyway.

I reality all it is, is a two hook rig, the top hook is bait and the lower hook is left to swing free.

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Tomcat1 wrote:ok before anyone jumps down my throat for asking i have checked google to try to find this info lol. what is a snapper swing rig? i have never heard of it.
A fancy name! :shutup: Neither had I heard of it until I bought the magazine, but then I had been occasionally using the technique anyway.

I reality all it is, is a two hook rig, the top hook is bait and the lower hook is left to swing free.
how does this rig help
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Return to “Fishing techniques”