Rainbow Beach

rumbum

Rainbow Beach

Post by rumbum » Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:33 pm

Just returned from a two week stay at Rainbow Beach. Weather was sensational and I did three trips offshore. First trip on July 4 was greeted with smooth seas and a light variable wind so went out about 10 miles due east of Wide Bay bar. Saw some nice signals on the sounder so started to drift with a 100gm pink Lucanas jig. An hour later was bagged out on snapper to 4kg. Headed a bit further north and started drifting another good show. First pass and the jig got smashed. Fifteen minutes later and managed to land a 10+kg Cobia. This was followed by a couple of Mackerel Tuna, pearl perch, venus tuskfish and more snapper. Headed back in at midday with no more room in the esky. Second trip was on July 7 to the same general area with similar results, although the wind picked up mid morning and prompted a move to another mark 5 miles closer in. Third trip was on July 13 and went a bit further north and found another good show. More snapper, pearl perch and venus tuskfish as well and a nice Amberjack. Overall was a great trip and I will certainly be going back again.
Attachments
DSC00996.JPG
DSC00996.JPG (184.84 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
DSC00971.JPG
DSC00971.JPG (213.03 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
DSC00972.JPG
DSC00972.JPG (158.77 KiB) Viewed 1119 times

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Re: Rainbow Beach

Post by fishingvic » Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:48 pm

Welcome to the Fishing Victoria Forums rumbum :cheers:

Great report mate. I am off to Bali tomorrow and hopefully will have half as much success as you :thumbsup:
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Beno

Post by Beno » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Sensational report mate, great job on the fish :thumbsup:
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

crazycod

Post by crazycod » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Welcome rumbum. Good report :thumbsup:

borntofish

Post by borntofish » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:30 am

awesome report, gotta love the cobia and pearl perch!! miss fishing up there!! its the place to be!!
You know when they have a fishing show on TV? They catch the fish and then let it go. They don't want to eat the fish, they just want to make it late for something.

googe

Post by googe » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 am

Nice mate :), good mixed bag there!. Love rainbow beach, good pub! love the pic's on the wall of people trying to get through the rocks haha. Im origanally from Maryborough QLD, had a beach house around the corner from there at poona. Fished great sandy striaghts most of my life.

Cheers Greg

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:44 pm

Great catch . :)

Return to “Other Victorian Fishing Reports”