TWO MILLION MORE FISH

Tomcat1

Re: TWO MILLION MORE FISH

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 am

as far as the stocking of the fish i agree with fc. but thats the reason for stocking soooo many is so you still get a small percent that will survive. and the ones that are eaten helps the others grow. as far as the fisheries officers, if everyone calls fisheries when someone sees a person keeping undersized fish or too many fish or breaking any other fisheries laws, they might have to employ more of them because it will show a need for them to be out patrolling. thats how the fisheries officers numbers grew back in the Louisiana where im from. Anglers and hunters got tired of people taking undersized fish and tired of the illegal hunting that was going on and kept calling the game and fisheries to complain. The government finally had to release more funds to employ more people to patrol the areas.

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:41 pm

the fishing around nagambie has certainly picked up since restocking,plenty of cod around the 45-50 cm mark and will only get bigger, yella's are plentiful in the right conditions although today we only picked up 3 carp and 3 pesky crays, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:55 pm

That's good info davek, local anglers are generally the first to notice changes,be they good or bad in a specific area,they have stocked a lot of silver perch around that way,has there been an increase in their catch rate.

davek

Post by davek » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:59 pm

drew,i've only caught silver's below the weir, haven't heard the catch rate around the lake or river, cheers davo.

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Guess where Andrew is going fishing when then sun comes out next? Go Pies
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

davek

Post by davek » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:42 pm

well i'll wish him good luck then, cheers davo

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks dave,cant say i've noticed an increase in them down here (shepp) either,maybe they prefer the faster flowing water below the weir.

No Mr malleestump,wont be heading down that way,tis lake time now,chase some fishy's around eildon once it warms up a bit. :sun: :sun:

malleestump

Post by malleestump » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:38 pm

drew 2 wrote:Thanks dave,cant say i've noticed an increase in them down here (shepp) either,maybe they prefer the faster flowing water below the weir.

No Mr malleestump,wont be heading down that way,tis lake time now,chase some fishy's around eildon once it warms up a bit. :sun: :sun:
Yeah Drew can't wait for some better weather to happen.Ray and myself are going to give Eppa a bit of a workover this year. Fitting a fishfinder to try and help us in our endevour's .Cheers mate
If you are looking for the person to change your life.look in the mirror .Cheers gus

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:58 pm

There a handy thing malleestump :thumbsup:

Return to “Other Victorian Fishing Reports”