Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

User avatar
arabshark
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 am
Location: Boronia, Victoria
Contact:

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby arabshark » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Nice report. I think I'll hit the quarry up again another time soon.



Remove these ads.

mrcursa
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby mrcursa » Wed May 18, 2016 11:03 am

Hi guys!! Just stumbled across this post...I have been down there a few times and got some MASSIVE hits on the rod! Only ever caught a few reddies though.
One night i went there with a few mates and saw dead fish on the bank which had been thrown there to die...Obviously these people had no idea! They thought they were killing Carp, when in fact it was Silver Perch...FOOLS!!
Silver Perch FTG Quarry.jpg

mrcursa
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby mrcursa » Wed May 18, 2016 11:04 am

Silver Perch FTG  Quarry.jpg

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8027
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby Lightningx » Wed May 18, 2016 11:21 am

mrcursa wrote:
Silver Perch FTG Quarry.jpg

Nice one mate :thumbsup:

User avatar
mazman
Rank: Gummy Shark
Rank: Gummy Shark
Posts: 2522
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby mazman » Wed May 18, 2016 11:32 am

not good to see at all, hopefully it doesn't happen again but chances are if they catch another they are likely to do the same thing again.
Lightningx wrote:
mrcursa wrote:
Silver Perch FTG Quarry.jpg

Nice one mate :thumbsup:

may i suggest reading the post.
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

Mutley and Scruffy
Rank: Cephalopod
Rank: Cephalopod
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Shepparton

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby Mutley and Scruffy » Sat May 21, 2016 10:32 am

mazman wrote:not good to see at all, hopefully it doesn't happen again but chances are if they catch another they are likely to do the same thing again.
Lightningx wrote:
mrcursa wrote:
Silver Perch FTG Quarry.jpg

Nice one mate :thumbsup:

may i suggest reading the post.

x 2! Fair enough, the info regarding the pic was on a separate post, but how in the f#$% could you say 'nice one' judging on the pic that was visible? Should have looked a bit 'sus' and warranted having a read!
cheers
Jim



Remove these ads.

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8027
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby Lightningx » Sat May 21, 2016 10:53 am

Mutley and Scruffy wrote:
mazman wrote:not good to see at all, hopefully it doesn't happen again but chances are if they catch another they are likely to do the same thing again.
Lightningx wrote:
mrcursa wrote:
Silver Perch FTG Quarry.jpg

Nice one mate :thumbsup:

may i suggest reading the post.

x 2! Fair enough, the info regarding the pic was on a separate post, but how in the f#$% could you say 'nice one' judging on the pic that was visible? Should have looked a bit 'sus' and warranted having a read!
cheers
Jim

Yea sorry thought it looked a bit funny. My bad.

User avatar
4liters
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 4250
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:05 am

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby 4liters » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:25 pm

Uni was doing my head in so I went back to wet a line. Turns out Quarry road is blocked off and there are a bunch of workmen building new paths throughout the park. With all the temporary fencing and workers around I didn't bother heading down for a fish.
2015/16 Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm

Jarvi2001
Rank: Banjo
Rank: Banjo
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby Jarvi2001 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:29 pm

Anyone know what's been happening in the quarry lately?

Psinet
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Ferntree Gully Quarry 27/09/15

Postby Psinet » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:46 pm

Heading down there right now to sniff around for the first time. I'll let you know.



Remove these ads.


Return to “Other Victorian Fishing Reports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests