Victorian High Country Trout Fishing

Ploh

Re: Victorian High Country Trout Fishing

Post by Ploh » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:21 pm

drew 2 wrote:Top report and pic's :a_goodjob: Great to see a macca in there :thumbsup:
Saw a couple particularly at night. Nothing too big but they were around. I hope things improve for them eventually.
Broomstick wrote:Brilliant stuff mate. You've inspired me to explore some of the high country myself. Thanks for sharing.
Couldn't recommend it more. Anywhere up in the national park is amazing. Doesn't compare to anything else. It genuinely looks like something out of a magazine or painting. Photos just don't do it justice.

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Ploh wrote: A huge thanks to the forum member who helped me prepare for the trip (you know who you are). And thank you to Adrian/Meppstas for his unparalleled generosity and advice with regards to trout fishing.
I do indeed know who I am! Glad to be of assistance, but disappointed Adrian and I couldn't get you properly onto your first trout. Those browns looked pretty impressive tho.

I know the exact spot where the first picture on the road was taken. Had a sambar deer running along there coming home late one night and it chose that precise location with the white post to leap off the road - I'm not sure how well it handled the drop into the creek there, but I didn't see it when I stopped and shone the torch in it.

How long did you expose the campfire picture for? Really sums up the appeal of nights in the bush..

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 pm

Queasy wrote:
Ploh wrote: A huge thanks to the forum member who helped me prepare for the trip (you know who you are). And thank you to Adrian/Meppstas for his unparalleled generosity and advice with regards to trout fishing.
I do indeed know who I am! Glad to be of assistance, but disappointed Adrian and I couldn't get you properly onto your first trout. Those browns looked pretty impressive tho.

I know the exact spot where the first picture on the road was taken. Had a sambar deer running along there coming home late one night and it chose that precise location with the white post to leap off the road - I'm not sure how well it handled the drop into the creek there, but I didn't see it when I stopped and shone the torch in it.

How long did you expose the campfire picture for? Really sums up the appeal of nights in the bush..
The tasted even better. Next time I'll get onto a few. No doubt I will return.

We didn't see any deer but we heard some at night. They're pretty hardy creatures so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fine. I've seen sheep jump off a one story ramp and run off without a scratch. Ruminants are some tough animals.

The campfire picture was taken using a 10-18mm wide angle lens.
Exposure time: 30 seconds (max on my camera before bulb but I didn't have a remote trigger)
f/5.6
ISO-3200 (sadly lots of noise/grain because of this but I cleaned it up a bit on lightroom)
0 step in exposure bias
Focal length: 10mm
camp9.jpg

Paulanderson
Has liked: 58 times

Post by Paulanderson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:07 pm

Thanks for the report and great to see a healthy Macca - good to see they are hanging on in some places!

Ploh

Post by Ploh » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Paulanderson wrote:Thanks for the report and great to see a healthy Macca - good to see they are hanging on in some places!
Agreed but I would imagine that they are just barely hanging on. I saw some redfins in the same area too which have no doubt affected their survival.

Return to “Other Victorian Fishing Reports”