Black rock.

Flathead, common catch that tastes great!
DonVito

Black rock.

Post by DonVito » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Hiya guys.

Just a quick report.

IF by any chance you were thinking of heading to Black Rock with a trailer/boat/ski doo, i'd advise you not too. It took us - 1.5/2 hours to get back in =[[[[[

Went out last night, trying to get some bait for the fish today, which went successful for the 20-30 minutes I was there.
IMG_05121.jpg
Land based squiddie =]
IMG_05121.jpg (186.81 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
Funniest thing happened. Went fishing with a mate and his missus and they both got pretty tired of the lack of action. I said, give me two more casts. Second cast, hooked onto the squid. YES! :super: Upon landing it, it squirted it's ink. Look over at the mates missus, it's hit her on the wrist of her brand new jumper - worn once. She screamed, got up and walked away in disgust. It wasn't until after she'd turned around, we realised, she had a massive ink stain, which ran from the hood of the jumper to her lower left rib cage. :grin:

Today we got up and headed to Black Rock which saw us get there at 6:30-7:00am (too late)!
IMG_05141.jpg
One of the first things we noticed.. NO that's not hail, that's scales. FRESH too!
IMG_05141.jpg (187.74 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
After seeing the picture above we thought.. you beauty.. BUT, THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF BOATS ALREADY FISHING! =[ We hit one of our fave spots and started fishing. First five minutes, I got a hit, flatty another hit, flatty. 2 flatties in almost the same amount of minutes. A boat near us had pulled in a 2-3 kilo pinky snapper, by the looks of things and we thought, we may come out with a big red today.

CUT a long one short, we move on to another good spot. WE burleyed up, got the fish down below excited, we sounded heaps of action at the sand and in the middle of the water coloumn. NO snapper, but my gosh, BEST day i've ever had fishing. I took two rods and at any given time, they would almost always go off. I used that squid caught last night and the flatty couldn't resist. One after the other. Drop the bait down, feel it hit the bottom, feel that little flatty nibble. YANK and you're on. I reckon we caught around 30-40 in an hour and a half, with most of them keepers and all near enough to the same size. We threw back so many!

Hopes this helps anybody =]

James.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Black rock.

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Second cast, hooked onto the squid. YES! :super: Upon landing it, it squirted it's ink. Look over at the mates missus, it's hit her on the wrist of her brand new jumper - worn once. She screamed, got up and walked away in disgust. It wasn't until after she'd turned around, we realised, she had a massive ink stain, which ran from the hood of the jumper to her lower left rib cage. :grin:
Hope he has some brownie points up his sleeve, that would have used up a fair few of them. :grin:

DonVito

Re: Black rock.

Post by DonVito » Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Haha Wooly.

Nah I don't think he does. To make matters worse, she jumped in his car and drove it down the ramp and it ran out of petrol. We got stuck out the front of Beauy for a half an hour. Right out the front of the automatic gates. We were getting the worst stairs ever.

PS. I forgot to say on the last post: all fish (flatty) were caught on a running sinker, size two ball sinker, size 2 circle hook, squid as bait. =]

Return to “Flathead fishing”