Soft Plastics (Advice Desperately Needed)

Flathead, common catch that tastes great!
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Soft Plastics (Advice Desperately Needed)

Post by purple5ive » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:20 pm

They sure did a top job on the genesis.

But yeah. Rod is certainly important as is the reel and the type of line spooled on.
They all work together to give you the best feel and sensitivity which is needed when lure fishing

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:26 pm

purple5ive wrote:They sure did a top job on the genesis.

But yeah. Rod is certainly important as is the reel and the type of line spooled on.
They all work together to give you the best feel and sensitivity which is needed when lure fishing
yep spot on it the whole package the guys have been doing race days on the new veloster n and are blown away about these

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:36 pm

Where is my popcorn?

Hyundai or Kia?

M9085

Post by M9085 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:21 am

dazz999 wrote:
M9085 wrote:
dazz999 wrote:
Fish-cador wrote:The rod does not matter but it helps make you look good and professional. Dougiek was using 15 foot surf rod casting 2.0 jig to catch his bait. He looked like a lunatic but he got what he was after.

Use jig head weight suitable for the conditions. I use 1/8 but mostly 1/4 oz size 1/0 or 2/0 hook. If you want distance, use heavy jig. If you want finesse use light jig. For deeper water, use heavy jig. If you use light jig in deep waters and cast it on Monday, it will be Friday before it hits the bottom.

Last but not the least, you will not catch what is not around. Understand your target and you will find them.
your got some great points a good fisherman will catch fish cause he knows there habitat on rods better brand rod are nicer to use and more refined go drive a hyundai and then a lexus both do the job but the lexus is so much smoother welcome back
Not true at all. Drive Hyundai Genessis and is just as smooth if not smoother then Lexus.
i was just giving a example between base models of them two the genessis is hyundais prestige model to be honest only seen about 5 go throught the workshop in the last 2 years
But Lexus is a Prestige model of Toyota (both made in the same factory). Just like infinity is a prestige model of Nissan, just as Audi is a prestige model of Volkswagen etc,etc... You cant compare Hyundai to Lexus without being specific.

Back to subject of soft plastics... It was recommended to me on another thread to get a copy of Steve's Starlings "Fishing with Soft Plastics" admittedly I only picked it up yesterday, and only reading one chapter I highly recommend it.

Return to “Flathead fishing”