Info night with Shaun Furtiere

Fishing club news, reports and notifications of upcoming fishing competitions.
raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Info night with Shaun Furtiere

Post by raco09 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:10 pm

Raulfc7 wrote:
CarlG wrote:
raco09 wrote:Interseting :cheers:
In English please...
Raco thinks there is free grog there that's why it's interesting lol
sorry was still recovering from last night. was drowning my sorrows as i went out for a session and came home with donuts and a 6 pack. lol :-D
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

Pupp

Post by Pupp » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:03 am

I was really keen on coming till I saw soft southerlies and a full moon Wednesday night.

I think I might have to get a feed of calla instead but please post any useful Info !

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:22 am

I headed down to the Keysie Club last night and yes there was some good info from Shaun in fact he did quite a bit on the area just around the corner from where I do most of my fishing for gummies

Most of what he covered I already new or do but like all of these talks there is always something to take away and try
I think Shaun did a good talk on the night

as for the club it was very frendly and I chatted to quite a few on the night - I have taken a Membership app form home
so they may see a bit more of me
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

moomobah

Post by moomobah » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:53 am

The talk night with Shaun was great and picked up quite a few tips. Shaun concentrated the talk on snapper mainly around the shallow areas west of the island and north of corinella.

Some key points from the talk
*squid is Shaun's preferred bait for the area and fresh where possible. Where fresh is not available Cali box squid is a reasonable option.
* early season go with smaller baits as the fish are finicky.
* depth is not a huge factor as Shaun has got plenty of fish in 4-6 metres.
* sound the fish up rather than fish a mark. Look for broken ground and marks right on the bottom. Fish off the bottom are often moving and are less likely to be feeding
* the bites will be a lot more tentative early season. Don't be in a hurry to strike.

Many thanks to Shaun for coming along and passing on some great info. For those that would like to pick up more tips please consider a guided charter with Shaun as we have had a couple of members go with Shaun and they have said it is definitely worth the money. Shaun can be contacted via big time charters.

Return to “Victorian Fishing Clubs”