Lures and Land based kingfish

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Re: Lures and Land based kingfish

Post by DougieK » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:55 pm

slinga wrote:
CarlG wrote:
slinga wrote:The rocks at Cape Schanck??
Bit further around Mick...lot safer than the Schanck..
Yup, if it's a weekend, I'm more than likely in..possibly take some light gear to pick up a mullet or small sambo for a livey..?

Ah k, I know of the rocks below the lighthouse there are some big Salmon to be had over the kelp beds.

December through to late Feb would be your best time to target Kingies there, take some heavy tackle too lol...
Yeah mate i've eyed those rocks a few times in the last year, look extremely dangerous to me.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:01 pm

If it's the ledge I'm thinking, it's not all that deep, plenty of ups and downs and the kelp beds rise almost to the surface. It's worth a try though, next year as you're a month late

slinga

Post by slinga » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:01 pm

DougieK wrote:
slinga wrote:
CarlG wrote:
Yup, if it's a weekend, I'm more than likely in..possibly take some light gear to pick up a mullet or small sambo for a livey..?

Ah k, I know of the rocks below the lighthouse there are some big Salmon to be had over the kelp beds.

December through to late Feb would be your best time to target Kingies there, take some heavy tackle too lol...
Yeah mate i've eyed those rocks a few times in the last year, look extremely dangerous to me.
Pick your conditions and use your common sense and it's safe.

Do a bit of research on the EAC (East Australian Current) Dougie and it will help with your Kingfish aspirations.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:10 pm

slinga wrote:
DougieK wrote:
slinga wrote:
CarlG wrote:

Pick your conditions and use your common sense and it's safe.

Do a bit of research on the EAC (East Australian Current) Dougie and it will help with your Kingfish aspirations.
Will look it up when I get home, thanks mate.

I'll do Cape Schanck one day when I have someone with more experience to show me the ropes there. Same goes for Pyramid rock and Punchbowl. Keep hearing great things about the fishing, don't want to be the guy in the news who's missing for three days then the search gets called off.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Game Fishing”