WIN WIN WIN!!!!!Portland Tuna Charter

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: WIN WIN WIN!!! Portland Tuna Charter

Post by Boonanza » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:31 am

I'm not on facebook and don't intend on joining up to such a crock of ****.

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Tonyzee

Re: WIN WIN WIN!!! Portland Tuna Charter

Post by Tonyzee » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 am

It is actually against the law to post a competition without T&C's or a permit number. Who is to say that they will cough up the prize?

prolinefc

Re: Portland Tuna Charter

Post by prolinefc » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:03 am

Its a harmless bit of fun guys.
The trip will be given to a random guy/girl once the facebook page hits 300 likes.
If you dont want to join in then thats absolutely fine.

Happy fishing :water:

http://www.facebook.com/prolinefishingcharters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:11 am

Proline, you are a charter operator and is promoting a business. Would you mind sending PM to FishingVic about this promo first?
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:57 pm

I don't want to get in the middle of an argument here, but proline isn't promoting a sale. All he is gaining is some likes on a Facebook page. Yes this helps his exposure and will hopefully gain him sales down the line, but in my opinion he is simply spreading the word about a free-to-enter competition he is holding on Facebook, with no direct profit to be made.

A little introduction first would've gone a long way I must admit, but I think he has good intentions in offering a good prize to a community of people who obviously have an interest in what he has to offer. And it's just a couple of mouse clicks away.

I can see the issue though, Jon doesn't want to be running a free advertising site, it wouldn't be fair to the paying sponsors. I just think this one sort of falls into a grey area since he is not promoting a product or service, simply a Facebook page that is a running a competition that is free to enter and has a great prize to the lucky winner.

Like I said, grey area for me. Jon will determine whether or not this is ok of course, I just wanted to throw another perspective out there.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:13 pm

Fair enough Shaz. Now I think this thread is best left for Jon to decide if it stays or goes.
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:42 pm

whats the harm in what he has done?

he IS offering a prize for getting the word out about his business, 10 times better then a first post which asks where the fish are biting.

i don't see this as any different to the shimano facebook likes to win a 30k stella that was put up a couple days ago.

GummySlayer

Post by GummySlayer » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:02 pm

There's a difference though ducky. The Shimano Stella Comp is a LEGITIMATE comp, that's been registered and guaranteed.
There's nothing to say this is actually going to happen. You're going off the word of a bloke you don't know.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:05 pm

ducky wrote:...i don't see this as any different to the shimano facebook likes to win a 30k stella that was put up a couple days ago.
Good point perhaps! In my case however I was certainly not gaining anything from promoting the Shimano page. Gummyslayer there is nothing saying this comp is not legitimate also - I would tend to give him the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise. prolinefc is now going thru the proper channels so how about we let this rest for now?
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 pm

actually, the shimano comp requires you to sign up to 'social app' or something along those lines which can access your personal details to aid in the marketing of shimano etc. its not a simple like and win page like this one.

Just give the bloke a crack. it seems like a legitimate business, if he is willing to sacrifice his reputation by putting up a false prize for a few likes then so be it. but i don't know too many businesses that would wantonly damage their public profile for the sake of a couple hundred dollars.

edit: no worries jim, and i know you had nothing to gain, just doing the right thing and getting the word out to the masses

Return to “Game Fishing”