Whos tuna fishing this season?

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
User avatar
abzz
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby abzz » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 pm

I might give it a crack LB a couple times this season. Gotta b in it to win it :-D



Remove these ads.

bluewater81
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby bluewater81 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:30 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
bluewater81 wrote:What’s the local launching facilities like there?


There is a three lane ramp with toilets close by, overflow on the grass and towards the breakwall is another launching facility with 4 lanes and heaps of parking.


Thanks Wolly much appreciated, just bought a 7m contender so am keen for some Bluewater action.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6364
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby smile0784 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Portland will easy for you.
Been bigger boats launch from there

bluewater81
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby bluewater81 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:46 pm

smile0784 wrote:Portland will easy for you.
Been bigger boats launch from there


Great stuff. New to Victoria also so will put up a post with a few questions shortly. Seems like a good bunch of blokes on this forum. Will always be on the lookout for people to come fishing also.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6364
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby smile0784 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:59 pm

There is a wealth of knowledge on here.some there will have a answer to your questions.

If you put up a post of where you heading and when im sure someone will come.out with you.

Lightningx
Rank: Mako Shark
Rank: Mako Shark
Posts: 8016
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby Lightningx » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:05 pm

abzz wrote:I might give it a crack LB a couple times this season. Gotta b in it to win it :-D

That’s it mate. One from the land will be awesome. Hope you get one. Good luck :thumbsup:



Remove these ads.

StarrangerAU
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby StarrangerAU » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:28 pm

smile0784 wrote:Im thinking planning a trip to portland in a few weeks towards end of the month for some tuna.

Just wondering whos chasing the tuna this season?

Not sure if it will be a.weekend day trip or a week day trip but mite have a free spot


===========

Hey there, usually I am LB but pretty sure I can be tempted for overshore :-D . I am also thinking to make my way down to Portland during the next 3 weeks to fish the breakwall. If you're still looking for an extra to fill a seat I would be interested (weekends only though)

Cheers
Brett

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6364
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby smile0784 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:49 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Im thinking planning a trip to portland in a few weeks towards end of the month for some tuna.

Just wondering whos chasing the tuna this season?

Not sure if it will be a.weekend day trip or a week day trip but mite have a free spot


===========

Hey there, usually I am LB but pretty sure I can be tempted for overshore :-D . I am also thinking to make my way down to Portland during the next 3 weeks to fish the breakwall. If you're still looking for an extra to fill a seat I would be interested (weekends only though)

Cheers
Brett


No problems brett will keep you in mind.
Do you have boat game rod or all land based gear?

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6364
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby smile0784 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:52 pm

abzz wrote:I might give it a crack LB a couple times this season. Gotta b in it to win it :-D


That will be great if you get one
Quite a feat

StarrangerAU
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: Whos tuna fishing this season?

Postby StarrangerAU » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:03 pm

No boat kit I am afraid.... all LB.



Remove these ads.


Return to “Game Fishing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests