Australia day in the Strait

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Australia day in the Strait

Post by Mattblack » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:16 am

purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
rb85 wrote:Yeah sh*t happens. Frustrating though no need to drive through the middle of the school or cut me off. Could have pulled up behind me and drifted alongside taking turns repositioning. Would have liked the hand to throw a few more lures in to at least try and get one.
Is there some sort of etiquette to be followed when approaching a school of fish if someone is already there?
yep, try and get in front of them at all costs even if it means driving over the school :-D
Yeah, I know people love that....they throw me all their sinkers in appreciation

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
rb85 wrote:Yeah sh*t happens. Frustrating though no need to drive through the middle of the school or cut me off. Could have pulled up behind me and drifted alongside taking turns repositioning. Would have liked the hand to throw a few more lures in to at least try and get one.
Is there some sort of etiquette to be followed when approaching a school of fish if someone is already there?
yep, try and get in front of them at all costs even if it means driving over the school :-D
Yeah, I know people love that....they throw me all their sinkers in appreciation
There’s no written rule but common sense should be followed no point spooking the school so you can beat the next bloke I was slowly idling into position he approached head on cut me off to get on top of them destroying any chance of either of us catching any.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:35 pm

purple5ive wrote:
that sucks , always handy having a second guy on board, yes no need for driving over the school.but some idiots do just that
Yeah frustrating never mind.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:58 pm

When ive seen salmon busting up, ive always stopped well short of the school and either drifted into it, or used my trolling motor to get closer.
when other boats have approached, they have been mindful not to scare the school and stopped well short and casted into the school while drifting
ofcourse theres always one who ruins it for everyone, like the time at rickets point where a couple of older guys and older woman were in a boat trolling lures behind them and cutting everyone off and driving right over the school, they got so close to other boats i could reach over and grab them.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:25 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
Isn't there rules for boating for not intentionly causing damage to fish with vessels?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:27 pm

purple5ive wrote:When ive seen salmon busting up, ive always stopped well short of the school and either drifted into it, or used my trolling motor to get closer.
when other boats have approached, they have been mindful not to scare the school and stopped well short and casted into the school while drifting
ofcourse theres always one who ruins it for everyone, like the time at rickets point where a couple of older guys and older woman were in a boat trolling lures behind them and cutting everyone off and driving right over the school, they got so close to other boats i could reach over and grab them.
There is always some that spoil it for others

Return to “Game Fishing”