lures for tuna

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
skuxliss

Re: lures for tuna

Post by skuxliss » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:24 am

Good luck gents

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:30 am

or leave at gentlemen hours and leave a couple hours later! You don't need to leave so early for the tuna. they feed all day. Tide changes are good to fish but its not a necessity.

The tuna lures i always run and have had really good success on are:

Pakula sprockets in the smaller sizes (5inch-8inch) in greens/lumo, crystal color, evil.
Williamson Sailfish catchers (5.5inch) In blue/white and have got heaps on the green/lumo with the red line through it.
Zukers tuna feathers (6inch) have been a stand out for me in Green/white and Red/black

And in deep divers you cant go past the X-rap30s in Dorado color and Silver blue mackerel color.
And also the River2sea Killer vibe in the KV13 color

And if you can it's a good idea to run a teaser.

http://www.escapin.com.au Has heaps of stuff for good prices

I hope all you guys come back with some killer reports and even better photos. Good luck!

Cheers, Anth

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:27 pm

Here are some of my tuna lures xrap 30's if red bait is around the xrap in red bait colour is a ripper. The river to sea killer vibes are good as well in skirts I usually take these ones a mixture of very small pakula to 6 inch ones I also like jaks lures lumo and red. If there are barrels around I put out bigger pakula lures
Attachments
14679659476242.jpg
14679659476242.jpg (162.69 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
14679659163751.jpg
14679659163751.jpg (123.09 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
14679658918310.jpg
14679658918310.jpg (108.61 KiB) Viewed 1181 times

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Nude up wrote:Here are some of my tuna lures xrap 30's if red bait is around the xrap in red bait colour is a ripper. The river to sea killer vibes are good as well in skirts I usually take these ones a mixture of very small pakula to 6 inch ones I also like jaks lures lumo and red. If there are barrels around I put out bigger pakula lures
Nice collection mate! your lure addition is almost as bad as mine :D

Are those small lures with the red eyes Richter jelly babes? I also use the Richter jelly babes in the UV colours.

And just another thing. Guys think just because they are tuna they need to go out and buy expensive lures to catch them, Tuna are just like big salmon. When they are feeding they will take anything. Don't forget your small salmon lures like your 40g-60g cheap metals will do the job.
I've caught tuna trolling these tiny metals, Once I've hooked up and knock the boat into neutral I leave the metals out to sink and they have been smashed on the drop!

Cheers, Anth

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:48 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:
Nude up wrote:Here are some of my tuna lures xrap 30's if red bait is around the xrap in red bait colour is a ripper. The river to sea killer vibes are good as well in skirts I usually take these ones a mixture of very small pakula to 6 inch ones I also like jaks lures lumo and red. If there are barrels around I put out bigger pakula lures
Nice collection mate! your lure addition is almost as bad as mine :D

Are those small lures with the red eyes Richter jelly babes? I also use the Richter jelly babes in the UV colours.

And just another thing. Guys think just because they are tuna they need to go out and buy expensive lures to catch them, Tuna are just like big salmon. When they are feeding they will take anything. Don't forget your small salmon lures like your 40g-60g cheap metals will do the job.
I've caught tuna trolling these tiny metals, Once I've hooked up and knock the boat into neutral I leave the metals out to sink and they have been smashed on the drop!

Spot on pink blue and lumo sometimes they will only take tiny lures depends what they are feeding on
Spot on richter jelly babes pink blue and lumo sometimes they will only take tiny lures depends on what they are feeding on

Cheers, Anth

Return to “Game Fishing”