Donut trip off Mallacoota 11/2

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Donut trip off Mallacoota 11/2

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:25 am

Hosery wrote:
Queasy wrote:
Hosery wrote:Hit the road by 2. Quick fuel/coffee stop on the way and got to the ramp by 5.45. Headed out towards the shelf..
Well that answers my question. I checked out the Mallacooota (Bastion Pt) ramp on Saturday morning, after catching some nice bream locally in the inlet, and noticed a good dozen or so trailers at the ramp, but could only see one boat in sight and so was wondering where all the boats had gone, and what they were chasing.....
Good work on the bream. Yeah the marlin had been going off. I no a fella up there caught 13 in 2 days before I got there and managed 3 while I was out there so I’d say that’s a ripper bite. If only I could hook 1 I’d be stoked!!!
Thats impressive

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:42 pm

Fishing is a funny thing a wise man told me find the bait you will find the marlin. We mark all the bait schools we come across. Work them if nothing move on and return later .we have caught most of our marlin on live bait. We tend to use lures if we can not find bait,you cover more ground,or if the are not taking live bait.
Depending on the current strength we drift 1 bait high 1 on a down rigger or troll the live bait. Slimies are the best.
We also use skip baits with multiple teasers if the going is tough.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Well your efforts pay off wth your proven stats for bermi

Hosery

Post by Hosery » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:03 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Hosery wrote:
Queasy wrote:
Hosery wrote:Hit the road by 2. Quick fuel/coffee stop on the way and got to the ramp by 5.45. Headed out towards the shelf..
Well that answers my question. I checked out the Mallacooota (Bastion Pt) ramp on Saturday morning, after catching some nice bream locally in the inlet, and noticed a good dozen or so trailers at the ramp, but could only see one boat in sight and so was wondering where all the boats had gone, and what they were chasing.....
Good work on the bream. Yeah the marlin had been going off. I no a fella up there caught 13 in 2 days before I got there and managed 3 while I was out there so I’d say that’s a ripper bite. If only I could hook 1 I’d be stoked!!!
Thats impressive
Should read how Richard Abela went up there the other day. Double digits in 1 day on the marlin. He has been killing it up there! If only I could sneak back up there.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Figures like that are impressive

Return to “Game Fishing”