1, 0, 0,

Southern Bluefin Tuna, Kingies, Marlin and other game fish.
sandef
Has liked: 55 times

Re: 1, 0, 0,

Post by sandef » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:50 pm

this his lucky stripped 2 days later check the hook placement
Attachments
image1.jpeg

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:51 pm

Might pay to tow a livie slowly around those bait balls when you see em, if there are any marlin around em won't take long for them to notice a shot scared lone livie.

Towing lures around is still the most exciting way to go about it though haha

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:57 pm

Gee sandef is he here with another guy who has a surtees 5.5 if he is i met them last year and am in contact again this year. he was lucky look at the leader amazing how they get abraded and go cloudy.
Your right scott about dropping a livie down but we really want to get one switchbaiting using the threadline

sandef
Has liked: 55 times

Post by sandef » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:19 pm

not sure which boat he is in at bermie his own boat is a barcrusher 5.3 overall lenght 5.5

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:39 pm

Went out again today wind blowing 15 knots south west but was going to calm down. We headed to the 12 mile and picked up some slimies started towing the teasers with a skip bait out . 1 hour into the troll a burning smell and smoke came out of the cabin the auto pilot control box was burning up we pulled the power wires and it stopped smoking looks like water was coming in and caused the melt down.
We troll and we troll no one is catching fish near us but the radio is on fire from eden marlin everywhere damm. Late in the day we pop the rubber band to the shotgun rigger as we slow down to redo it a small mako approx 50kg comes to the back of the boat I quickly throw the livey we have already rigged to it the slimey is going hell for leather then whack the mako has is I count to 6 and strike and I am on for about 10 minutes then pop hook pulls ah well thats fishing.
Weather tomorrow the wind should be ok till lunch so looks like another half day fishing.

Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Redhunter » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Bugger! Sounds like you fellas have been doin it quite tough. The mako could have been a nice consolation prize...nevermind. On the days that it blows up out wide...is it any better in close? What I'm getting at is, is it worth chasing a kingie or two on your way in? Seems like a hell of a lot of work to not even get a feed out of it...but I guess that's dedication for ya! Hope you blokes raised a fish today...
Has Tuna's handline been amongst the spread?

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Tough day out there today big swell after yesterdays blow wind only 5knots from the north. We headed north to the kink put the teasers out criss crossing the 100 fathom plenty of bait we came across an amazing sight a bait ball of yakkas with dolphins and seals smashing them we got some awesome underwater gopro footage but still no marlin so we moved on.
We trolled the teasers all the way to tuross not a sign we pull in the teasers and put out a full spread of lures and trolled our way back to the twelve mile nothing no marlin caught of bermie today. We call it a day at 4pm and headed in 145 klm covered today.
The tube managed to get his handline in on the way home.
Attachments
14270111900740.jpg
14270111900740.jpg (77.22 KiB) Viewed 840 times

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:09 pm

Certainly sounds like your doing it tough! Unlucky not to have seen more action with the amount of fish that are still around, but I'm sure persistence will pay off!

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:59 pm

Next 2 days weather is shocking hopeful to get out wed then drive home thursday

KenR

Post by KenR » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:18 pm

Bit of bad luck NU. Looks like TT is giving you that 'look'. Does not look impressed.

Ken

Return to “Game Fishing”