Corinella

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Dredger

Corinella

Post by Dredger » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:16 am

Hi guys just want to get everyone's thoughts on corinella.
I've launched and fished around Hastings and tooradin and stony but never around the eastern side of wp. What is the ramp like and fishing like around that side, anyone had any luck there lately?

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Re: Corinella

Post by raco09 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:35 am

I don't have a boat mate. But ive been out of corinella on a mates boat. The ramp is pretty good to launch and retrieve and there is some good fishing to be had there. Although I dont know many spots, the spots we did stop at rewarded us with a range of fish. Such as gummies, ellies, snapper, trevally, whiting. Good luck
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:05 am

Dredger wrote:Hi guys just want to get everyone's thoughts on corinella.
I've launched and fished around Hastings and tooradin and stony but never around the eastern side of wp. What is the ramp like and fishing like around that side, anyone had any luck there lately?

I tend to fish the east side of the port more so than the west and you just have to learn your new spots

I dont use a ramp just pull up a piece of beach for me however I know a few that do use the ramp and it is all tide and seams to work quite well

as raco09 has pointed out there is a large range of fish than can be found all the same as the west side of the port
you just need to do some exploring and you will be rewarded
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

mattsoccerfish

Post by mattsoccerfish » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:50 pm

I use to fish there a lot, used to get a good bag of whiting around coronet bay, can also get some squid there. Some good gummie spots and even mulloway spots
Like this Facebook page for awesome fishing reports and photos!! :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matthew- ... 5801189233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matthew- ... 5801189233" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rixter

Post by rixter » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Good large double ramp, with plenty of tie up room on piers both sides of the ramps. Fish cleaning tables also on the piers, plenty of room to park around there free. Launching fee was around $12 a day I think , or $60 for a yearly pass.

Good area also, just outside the old prison (about 500meters out from the distant island shore) is a good spot for gummies.
It's pretty much opposite the launching ramps, but due to depths you have to go around to the left from launching first, then head straight out to near the island, then back to the right again until your around opposite to the launching ramps. There is a pylon around this area with a bright red marking cap on it .
On WPB fishing maps from your local tackleshop, It's marked as area 12 I think ( shark bay / or something like that ) GL ;)

Cheers , Rick.
Attachments
corinella.jpg
Last edited by rixter on Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Dredger

Post by Dredger » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:43 pm

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a go.

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”