Plastic / Lure fishing around Port Phillip piers

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Re: Plastic / Lure fishing around Port Phillip piers

Post by ducky » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:59 pm

I've got the perfect answer for you, fish ultralight jig heads/resinheads, cast your plastic out, it will take 20-30 seconds to hit the bottom, in that time you can drink, give it a few twitches and pauses, drink on the pause. drink when you see the lure. bring it in when it's at your feet. drink again, recast.

I guarantee you, make 12 casts like this and you won't care if the fish are biting or not.

MetalBee

Post by MetalBee » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:56 am

I like this plan and feel it requires rigorous experimentation.

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:10 am

Or you could just take some hand wipes and a towel so you can clean your hands after baiting up... I do like the aforementioned suggestion though cast, drink, twitch, drink ...
Tight lines = Good Times!

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:32 pm

ducky wrote:I've got the perfect answer for you, fish ultralight jig heads/resinheads, cast your plastic out, it will take 20-30 seconds to hit the bottom, in that time you can drink, give it a few twitches and pauses, drink on the pause. drink when you see the lure. bring it in when it's at your feet. drink again, recast.

I guarantee you, make 12 casts like this and you won't care if the fish are biting or not.
ducky, :-D :-D 4 cast like that would be more than enough for me. 12 would just see me adding burley to the mix :Bar:

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”