advice on fishing the west side

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Ploh

Re: advice on fishing the west side

Post by Ploh » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Right on beetles. It's a large car park with a gazebo at one end of it. It's located right before a sharp bend in the road. There are smaller ones before that but if you're unsure just keep driving You'll know it when you see it. And then just walk along the fence and towards the middle you'll find an opening where there are proper stairs to walk down. At the bottom, if you turn left there are some fallen tree branches in the water where there might be bream.

If you go Werribee South I've been told you can flick SPs along the shoreline. I've tried it but I haven't got any flathead to show for it haha. The jetty/pontoons are quite small but hopefully you can find some space. To the left of the main jetty there are pontoons that are completely separate to the main jetty that are located closer to the boats. Could try there for bream too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

soulstar
Has liked: 6 times

Re: advice on fishing the west side

Post by soulstar » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:30 am

I have been told bream are in huge amounts in easter! I know this from a old reliable fisho who goes each easter and goes 1km into the river channel and parks his boat! the tide changes leaving the boat exposed and also the fresh bait you need to catch them! this bait looks like a pipi but has a shoot that they release! it is with these that bream will take your bait on in werribee!

My fisho friend is in his mid 40's and goes religiously every year in easter period and bags out EVERY TIME!

Hope this helps for next year! At least now you know they are infested at that time of year! :)
Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.
(Master Baiter) ---Funny Yet True Fish Quote--- NOW....GO FISHING!!! ;]

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”