Beginner fishing needed lot of advices

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Peggy

Beginner fishing needed lot of advices

Post by Peggy » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:04 am

Hi all Pro ;))

I'm very new about fishing, i'm planing an event called 'Rally fishing competition in Victoria'. it's a group competition, where family, friends, fishing club or any anglers could get together to have a lot of fun and get UNIQUE fish. Wondering where are great spots to do 2-3 days fishing in different water, as in salt water, and fresh water. where those 2 or 3 locations nearby for boat to access from one another. if not then car would be another choice. Also. the purpose of event it's for anyone, doesn't matter pro or not could have a chance to be challenged.. aged from 15-senior.

Looking forward to hear heap of advices from you all

Kind regards,
Peggy

Email: bapao_eiei@hotmail.com

Peggy

Re: Beginner fishing needed lot of advices

Post by Peggy » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:14 am

is Rye and Curum bay good for a variety of fish? what are species we expect o catch from that area... any suggestion?

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:20 pm

Peggy wrote:is Rye and Curum bay good for a variety of fish? what are species we expect o catch from that area... any suggestion?
There is a booklet title Landbased fishing guide to Port Phillip and Corio bays, that I recommend. Usually stocked in a tackle store. Also the staff are a good source of information.

Avoid BCF, if you want quality information.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Gippsland would probably be the go with plenty of salt & freshwater fishing options.

Cheers Steve
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:04 pm

I've been trying not to respond to this because of the description of your post. Fishing locations are not hard to find. Your goal of catching UNIQUE fish is the challenge. What do you mean by "unique"? I take that as somethig nice, colorful, deadly and rarely caught. If you want something like that, you should hit the reef. Unfortunately, good reefs are now off limits to anglers. Damn the greenies... :grin:

Queenscliff, Point Lonsadale, The Rip, Barwon heads near the Bluff...these areas will give you better chance of catching something unique. The Melbourne Aquarium is another place... :lolf: :lolf:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Fish-cador wrote:I've been trying not to respond to this because of the description of your post. Fishing locations are not hard to find. Your goal of catching UNIQUE fish is the challenge. What do you mean by "unique"? I take that as somethig nice, colorful, deadly and rarely caught. If you want something like that, you should hit the reef. Unfortunately, good reefs are now off limits to anglers. Damn the greenies... :grin:

Queenscliff, Point Lonsadale, The Rip, Barwon heads near the Bluff...these areas will give you better chance of catching something unique. The Melbourne Aquarium is another place... :lolf: :lolf:

Yeah it is a tough one, to answer.

Clumpy

Post by Clumpy » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Peggy wrote:Hi all Pro ;))

I'm very new about fishing, i'm planing an event called 'Rally fishing competition in Victoria'. it's a group competition, where family, friends, fishing club or any anglers could get together to have a lot of fun and get UNIQUE fish. Wondering where are great spots to do 2-3 days fishing in different water, as in salt water, and fresh water. where those 2 or 3 locations nearby for boat to access from one another. if not then car would be another choice. Also. the purpose of event it's for anyone, doesn't matter pro or not could have a chance to be challenged.. aged from 15-senior.

Kind regards,
Peggy

The whole thing sounds a little off, lets hope its not some sort of money making scam :bite:
An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Wolly Bugger

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:11 am

Clumpy wrote:
Peggy wrote:Hi all Pro ;))

Kind regards,
Peggy

The whole thing sounds a little off, lets hope its not some sort of money making scam :bite:
I tend to agree, as it is almost impossible to meet the above requirements.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:32 pm

Fish-cador wrote: The Melbourne Aquarium is another place... :lolf: :lolf:
LMAO! :cheers: if onlyy... if only.. :r
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”