Victorian Catch Limits!

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
vinhii

Victorian Catch Limits!

Post by vinhii » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:25 am

Just for those who duno what Our Victorian Catch Limit is. Heres the Link :-

http://new.dpi.vic.gov.au/fisheries/rec ... ed-seasons

Happy fishing! & report any illegal fishing activities!

Cheers guys! :thumbsup:
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Victorian Catch Limits!

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm

I love catching fish, but after about the third or fourth one, I hate cleaning them. Up until number three or four, it is fun.

One day the kids and I caught a heap of kgw, no where near our permissible bag limit, after about the 20th kgw I was getting rather sick of it.

So generally I only catch as many as I prepare to clean. But then at the moment it ain't much of a problem, because I'm not catching more than the occasional one or two.

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:03 pm

Last edited by shazdoggg on Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:27 pm

shazdoggg wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:I love catching fish, but after about the third or fourth one, I hate cleaning them. Up until number three or four, it is fun.

One day the kids and I caught a heap of kgw, no where near our permissible bag limit, after about the 20th kgw I was getting rather sick of it.

So generally I only catch as many as I prepare to clean. But then at the moment it ain't much of a problem, because I'm not catching more than the occasional one or two.
Gotta start training the lil tackers to scale, gut and clean wolly!!! My old man taught me when I was 8(gotta be carefull handing knives to kids). Maybe give them scaling responsibilitys and show them the finer per points of cleaning.

shazdoggg
they already do, they caught maybe 30-40 very small redfin, took them home, they scaled them, cleaned them and then I cooked them for the kids.

TrevKing

Post by TrevKing » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks for the link vinhii, hopefully now novice fisherman will learn the size and bag limits :D
2015 Goals -
-First Squid
-Trout on SP
-First Murray Cod
-Rainbow over 40cm
-Redfin over 40cm

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 pm

TrevKing wrote:Thanks for the link vinhii, hopefully now novice fisherman will learn the size and bag limits :D
Hehehe your welcome trevking ^^, hope they do LEARN! lol

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:
shazdoggg wrote:
Wolly Bugger wrote:I love catching fish, but after about the third or fourth one, I hate cleaning them. Up until number three or four, it is fun.

Gotta start training the lil tackers to scale, gut and clean wolly!!! My old man taught me when I was 8(gotta be carefull handing knives to kids). Maybe give them scaling responsibilitys and show them the finer per points of cleaning.

shazdoggg
they already do, they caught maybe 30-40 very small redfin, took them home, they scaled them, cleaned them and then I cooked them for the kids.
hehehe wolly thats good that they already know how to gut and clean them! top stuff :thumbsup:

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”