Fishing shows on Australian TV

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here

Favourite fishing shows on Australian TV?

IFish with Paul Worstelling
18%
Hooked with Dave Butfield
1%
Mark Berg's Fishing Addiction
4%
YouFishTV
7%
River to Reef
1%
The Ultimate Fishing Show
1%
Hooked
1%
Extreme fishing with Robson Green
14%
Monster Fish
1%
Fishin' Trip with Jason Kennedy
2%
Fishing Western Australia
1%
ET Fishing escapes
2%
Hook Line and Sinker
6%
Adventure Bound
23%
Rex Hunt's Fishing Adventures
5%
Sharkville
No votes
River Monsters
9%
Sharkmen
No votes
Deadliest Catch
2%
Other (Please Specify)
4%

Total votes: 195

Tomcat1

Re: Fishing shows on Australian TV

Post by Tomcat1 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:34 pm

there is a show called hook line and dinner. it is a chef that travels all across the usa catching fish and anything else that grows in the water and goes to restaurants to cook his catch. reminds me of a lot of the fishing back home. he has even done a couple of episodes from louisiana where i am from. its a great show try to catch it if you can. especially the louisiana episodes. he targets our red fish. its not like red snapper. but they catch some pretty small ones compared to the ones most people catch off the local pier i fished. and by the way robson green is the only one my wife will watch just for the stupid way he carries on when he doesnt catch a fish lol

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:04 pm

Cant stand WORSTeling and his staff at his store. Arrogant pricks. :down: :down:
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:35 pm

You know what i like best about BENO. There is no bull enthusiasm. He acts on camera like he's your mate that you've gone fishing with, the excitement is genuine and honestly watching his show is kinda like hanging out with my mates.

Also he's not trying to sell me anything.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

huskie

Post by huskie » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:56 pm

started taping mark bergs fishing show, was extremely disappointed in the constant plugging of brands, such a draw out to catching the fish too the first 3/4 of the show is just fluff, pretty much fast forwarded to the end of any of his shows.

enjoy Paul on iFish at least more interesting, still a few plugs but not as many.

my .02 cents
"A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it"
- William Feather

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:30 pm

huskie wrote:started taping mark bergs fishing show, was extremely disappointed in the constant plugging of brands, such a draw out to catching the fish too the first 3/4 of the show is just fluff, pretty much fast forwarded to the end of any of his shows.

enjoy Paul on iFish at least more interesting, still a few plugs but not as many.

my .02 cents
I think too many shows plug their sponsors. Some people argue that without the sponsors the show cannot go ahead. I don't see why the show can not go ahead with the sponsors getting their message across in the ad breaks like the majority of other shows do.
thanks
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Rod Bender wrote:
huskie wrote:started taping mark bergs fishing show, was extremely disappointed in the constant plugging of brands, such a draw out to catching the fish too the first 3/4 of the show is just fluff, pretty much fast forwarded to the end of any of his shows.

my .02 cents
I think too many shows plug their sponsors. Some people argue that without the sponsors the show cannot go ahead. I don't see why the show can not go ahead with the sponsors getting their message across in the ad breaks like the majority of other shows do.
thanks
Jim
Companies pay the television broadcaster to advertise during ad breaks. If they can get plugs within the show itself they may be saving a substantial amount of money. They benefit because they are guaranteed the advertisements, even on re-runs of the show, and the show itself benefits because they receive money to support the production of the show.

Personally I don't mind a plug thrown in every now and then, as long as it's not excessive, which I don't think iFish is. It's pretty easy to overlook and the actual content of the show itself is entertaining enough.

Huckleberry

Post by Huckleberry » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 pm

I'd have to go with Adventure Bound with Lee Rayner - he does a bit of freshwater fishing which I like. Catch & Cook isn't bad - they do a bit of lure fishing in East Gippsland & the South Coast of NSW. Neil Morrison caught a very nice tailor at Tuross I think. Robson Green just whines if things aren't going well - he must **** off the locals.

adsukir34

Post by adsukir34 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:15 pm

shazzagraz wrote:
Rod Bender wrote:

my .02 cents
thanks
Jim
Companies pay the television broadcaster to advertise during ad breaks. If they can get plugs within the show itself they may be saving a substantial amount of money. They benefit because they are guaranteed the advertisements, even on re-runs of the show, and the show itself benefits because they receive money to support the production of the show.

Personally I don't mind a plug thrown in every now and then, as long as it's not excessive, which I don't think iFish is. It's pretty easy to overlook and the actual content of the show itself is entertaining enough.

Escape with ET would have to be the biggest plugger. He can't spit out a sentence without saying Coleman , evinrude or gamakatsu lol

jason_bray

Post by jason_bray » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:34 pm

ADVENTURE BOUND IS THE BEES KNEES
I don't exaggerate... I just remember BIG.

slotzz

Post by slotzz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:08 pm

I prefer sticking to the youtube clips from certain people, mainly because I can never remember when the fishing shows are actually on tv >_<

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”