Fishing shows on Australian TV

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here

Favourite fishing shows on Australian TV?

IFish with Paul Worstelling
18%
Hooked with Dave Butfield
1%
Mark Berg's Fishing Addiction
4%
YouFishTV
7%
River to Reef
1%
The Ultimate Fishing Show
1%
Hooked
1%
Extreme fishing with Robson Green
14%
Monster Fish
1%
Fishin' Trip with Jason Kennedy
2%
Fishing Western Australia
1%
ET Fishing escapes
2%
Hook Line and Sinker
6%
Adventure Bound
23%
Rex Hunt's Fishing Adventures
5%
Sharkville
No votes
River Monsters
9%
Sharkmen
No votes
Deadliest Catch
2%
Other (Please Specify)
4%

Total votes: 195

slinga

Re: Fishing shows on Australian TV

Post by slinga » Wed May 09, 2012 1:23 pm

andreas wrote:IFish is OK, need more river and Lake fishing. Sick of boats and open ocean. :D
Doesnt do enough landbased around Victoria.
Linc- "slimeys are great fun to catch, like hooking a giant vibrator with a propeller onto the end of your rod! Well done"

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:43 am

IFish is great, but YoufishTV and Jason's Kennedy are my favourite. The Strikepro reviews give Fishin Trip the edge for me.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:47 am

Gonna give Robson my vote. For two reasons..one, his show isn`t a gigantic advert for pure fishing or shimano, diawa, tackleworld, etc, etc.
Secondly, I grew up just down the road from hazelrigg, (where he`s from). And where he lives now used to be one of my favourite runs on the bike..
I know shows like IFish contain some really good tips, but it`s becoming more and more product orientated. Jason Kennedy`s show being probably the worst offender.
Adventure bound I`d really like to see, (always liked Lee Rayner as a presenter), just don`t know channel or times..
Beno, if and when your show makes the breakthrough, please try and remember some of the comments made on this thread and one`s of a similar topic..alternatively, just take the money and become a corporate ***** like the rest..lol..at least you`ll get paid for fishing..
Carl..

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 am

7:30pm Fridays on chanel 31 and Wednesdays 7:30pm on aurora

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:16 am

CarlG wrote:Gonna give Robson my vote. For two reasons..one, his show isn`t a gigantic advert for pure fishing or shimano, diawa, tackleworld, etc, etc.
Secondly, I grew up just down the road from hazelrigg, (where he`s from). And where he lives now used to be one of my favourite runs on the bike..
I know shows like IFish contain some really good tips, but it`s becoming more and more product orientated. Jason Kennedy`s show being probably the worst offender.
Adventure bound I`d really like to see, (always liked Lee Rayner as a presenter), just don`t know channel or times..
Beno, if and when your show makes the breakthrough, please try and remember some of the comments made on this thread and one`s of a similar topic..alternatively, just take the money and become a corporate ***** like the rest..lol..at least you`ll get paid for fishing..
Carl..

For such a small country, the time it takes to make these shows, they need all the sponsors they can. Robson is not exactly innocent, and is more network orientated than anything. Jason Kennedy has a strike pro segment, wears a Berkeley Shirt and uses a variety of rods and lures. I don't see the issue. I mean they are on Channel 31 of all channels, Free to Air, self paid, not selling their shows to 5 different networks like Robson. Robson....man doesn't he talk crap, he should just shut up half the time. He's just a try hard River Monster/Patrick Sebile.... :tongue:

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:28 am

Brett wrote:7:30pm Fridays on chanel 31 and Wednesdays 7:30pm on aurora
Cool, cheers mate..
Carl..

CarlG

Post by CarlG » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:43 am

vxcalais wrote:
CarlG wrote:Gonna give Robson my vote. For two reasons..one, his show isn`t a gigantic advert for pure fishing or shimano, diawa, tackleworld, etc, etc.
Carl..

For such a small country, the time it takes to make these shows, they need all the sponsors they can. Robson is not exactly innocent, and is more network orientated than anything. Jason Kennedy has a strike pro segment, wears a Berkeley Shirt and uses a variety of rods and lures. I don't see the issue. I mean they are on Channel 31 of all channels, Free to Air, self paid, not selling their shows to 5 different networks like Robson. Robson....man doesn't he talk crap, he should just shut up half the time. He's just a try hard River Monster/Patrick Sebile.... :tongue:
Course Robson talks a load of crap..he`s an actor, not a pro angler..lol...
Jason Kennedy also has the motackle segment, the bit where he promotes whoever he`s out on the water with, JB`s pure fishing plug, the latest Gulp s/p promo..it just seems never ending..he`s ok as a presenter, probably a very decent bloke. I understand he needs sponsors to keep the show running, but it just becomes an advert with a touch of fishing thrown in..anyhoo, each to their own mate.. :tongue:

Beno

Post by Beno » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:11 pm

vxcalais wrote:
Carl..

If it gets anywhere my aim is to keep it as an natural fishing show as possible. It will have to have sponsors otherwise I just can't see it happening. My sposnorship is coming together in the next few months so we will see how it goes.... :cheers:
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

clarky9999

Post by clarky9999 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Enjoy watching the 3 on Ch31 on Saturday nights, Adventure Bound would have to be a favourite. Also enjoy listenening to 1116 Saturday mornings to Rex and Lee.
Stress is the uncontrolable desire to choke the living sh1t out of some a$%^ole who desperatly deserves it

Taleb

Post by Taleb » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 pm

I love coming home everyday and watching iFish at 5oclock but needs to focus on more landbased in vic. In my opinion catch and cook is just plain bad. Even when the lady is cooking it's like she's trying to read her words off a script or something and the fishing isn't as enthusiastic as shows like iFish or Adventurebound.

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”