Sandy Point

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
blakesirus

Sandy Point

Post by blakesirus » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Hi All,

Spending a few days this week around Sandy Point and currently searching for any spots for fishing? Will be taking yaks and was ideally hoping to throw lures for flattie and bream. Any advice, spots or general areas/guides to go for would be greatly appreciated as am unfamiliar with the area. Also not sure on depth and effect of tide so any information on that I`d be thankful for too? I have attached a small google maps screenshot as well for reference.

Thanks and Cheers,
Blake
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 3.42.56 pm.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 3.42.56 pm.png (60.46 KiB) Viewed 1359 times

ChrisTaylor
Has liked: 27 times

Re: Sandy Point

Post by ChrisTaylor » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:45 pm

I stayed in Yanakie earlier this year. Out from the caravan park I caught flathead. High tide only, though. It's really, really, really shallow a long way out on the low.

EDIT

I tried Tidal River, too, but found a lot of people casting cannonball-sized sinkers. Sort of ruined it. Although I remember a little girl with a Kmart rod going to down on the baby bream, so there were fish around.

blakesirus

Re: Sandy Point

Post by blakesirus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:43 pm

ChrisTaylor wrote:I stayed in Yanakie earlier this year. Out from the caravan park I caught flathead. High tide only, though. It's really, really, really shallow a long way out on the low.

EDIT

I tried Tidal River, too, but found a lot of people casting cannonball-sized sinkers. Sort of ruined it. Although I remember a little girl with a Kmart rod going to down on the baby bream, so there were fish around.
thanks heaps!

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”