If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
blakesirus

River LB

Post by blakesirus » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:01 am

Hi All,

Any tips for fishing River LB?

Cheers,
Blake
Last edited by blakesirus on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxsFishing

Re: Betka River LB

Post by MaxsFishing » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:34 am

Been there a couple times around January
I have caught tons of bream, flathead and sand whiting around there on all types of lures. I used Daiwa double clutches and slippery dogs, as well as bass day Sugapens, all in the smaller sizes, and clear brownish colours. Soft plastics go with squidgy wriggler 65mm in bloodworm or Zman curly tail in watermelon. When I went I could wade the flats and cast into the deeper channel where the river is taking a left and staying on the beach side. Alternatively you could go along the opposite side of the riverbed and cast into the rocks, plenty of bream there. All in all the trick is to keep moving and you should get into them
Cheers

blakesirus

Post by blakesirus » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:47 am

MaxsFishing wrote:Been there a couple times around January
I have caught tons of bream, flathead and sand whiting around there on all types of lures. I used Daiwa double clutches and slippery dogs, as well as bass day Sugapens, all in the smaller sizes, and clear brownish colours. Soft plastics go with squidgy wriggler 65mm in bloodworm or Zman curly tail in watermelon. When I went I could wade the flats and cast into the deeper channel where the river is taking a left and staying on the beach side. Alternatively you could go along the opposite side of the riverbed and cast into the rocks, plenty of bream there. All in all the trick is to keep moving and you should get into them
Cheers
Thanks heaps, really appreciated! About to go there now, will let you know how I go.
Cheers

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:17 pm

Love that area, can also be good fishing at the ocean entrance to the main lake if open on the runout tide for yellowfin bream

blakesirus

Post by blakesirus » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:21 pm

Just the one breambo on an Olive Cranka.

Cheers
Attachments
IMG_2679-2.JPG

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”