Not my day

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Sinsemilla

Re: Not my day

Post by Sinsemilla » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:09 am

Does the motor charge the battery re-tyred? I've had a similar problem with the motor overcharging. I'd say it would probably be a corroded fuse or connection somewhere..

Cheers, Anth

re-tyred
Has liked: 372 times

Post by re-tyred » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:26 pm

No issues with charging. I have a volts display on the sounder, runs 12.3 to 12.7 motor off and about 13.5 when motor is running. Didn't get time to take it for a run today, will be Tuesday I think before I can give it another run. I am thinking it is temp related just need to prove it, then go thru the cooling system. Seems to have plenty of water out the tell tail. May have some internal blockage or a loss of volume due to leakage from the impellor to the engine. Had that in one of the coast guard motors. The pipe that takes it from the pump to the block had come loose and only half the water was getting there. So next week will most likely be pull the gear box off and start looking. just a pain because going offshore in a small vessel everything has to be perfect.
There's nothing . . . absolutely nothing . . . half so much worth doing as simply messing around in boats.
Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows (River Rat to Mole)

ango

Post by ango » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:36 pm

I had a similar problem once, there was plenty of water coming from the tell tale but the overheat alarm kept going off. Turned out to be the plastic mounting that holds the thermostat in position had collapsed, removed & replaced and no problems, worth looking at the thermostat itself, it may be clogged with bits of seaweed etc.
Cheers
Ango.

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:51 pm

Story
Worked for VEEH Avaition in Canberra 25 yrs ago as an elect /instrument guy LAME
Boss come in and says this Beechcraft Aircraft has a problem with one of its its Turbine Temp Gauge Starboard side is showing way too hot
He is a Mechanical guy whom always blamed the instruments ,
I checked all things out and could NOT find a fault with the the TOT system
Guess what he signed the A/C as ok it flew to Brisbane and on the way it shot a massive frame out of the engine-They landed shortly after
Fault was -A badly adjusted Fuel Control Unit from the manufacture -Cost was about $80,000 to the A/C owner

If you dont find a fault it will still be there you better eliminate it by replacing something in the system=That gives you a chance

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”