new zealand trip

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Tomcat1

new zealand trip

Post by Tomcat1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 am

well the trip was not too bad. didnt start out too good though. went to the harbor to go on the charter boat. it turns out his boat was broke down. so wasnt able to go. so i just went to the closest local pier and ended up catching a couple of garfish for bait. then loaded them on gang hooks under a balloon. caught 2 kingfish and then tried for snapper. the kingfish were ok. one 3 kilos and one 3.5. the snappers i caught werent really big either. the biggest was only 2.5 kilo. but not a bad trip. ended up catching quite a few fish in the 4 days i was there but nothing really big. since my phone didnt work there i dont have any pics. next time i go i will buy a prepaid phone i guess. and make sure i book a better charter service. if you go to auckland and want cheap accommodation there is a backpackers hotel called Auckland Jucy hotel. its not like a 5 star place but the staff is really good. they have private or shared rooms. and their private rooms are pretty nice. its right in the middle of downtown auckland so there are plenty of good cheap restaurants and lots of museums and things of that nature to visit close by also. they also have car rentals or bicycles that you can hire for a day or longer right at the hotel. if you stay there set up the taxi through the hotel to pick you up from the airport and its cheaper. i think i only paid 35 dollars for the cab to and from the airport. and they have good public transportation and the people at the hotel will tell you what bus you need to take you to wherever you want to go.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: new zealand trip

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:46 am

Tomcat1 wrote:since my phone didnt work there i dont have any pics. .
yeah yeah yeah. your phone camera will work even if your SIM is not on roaming. :haha2: :haha2:

no fish eh? try mordi again mate.
:grin:
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Tomcat1

Re: new zealand trip

Post by Tomcat1 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

i thought about the camera after i caught fish lol but since the phone wasnt working i didnt take it with me

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”