Whos going out for a fish this long weekend?

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
Redhunter
Has liked: 138 times

Re: Whos going out for a fish this long weekend?

Post by Redhunter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:14 pm

Marty.A wrote: Not sure if its the logging track Red but this is how I used to get in haven't been for a couple of years and I should go up soon as its a great spot and the car is right beside you.Last time I went was in 2014 and caught 2 browns to 28cm but some idiots had been there and littered the place up so i went home with a bag of rubbish after I cleaned the mess.
Yep, that's it mate. Was great to be able to basically fish out of your car on occasions! There was a pine plantation there, and the trees were getting too old and starting to fall down, so the authorities put a gate up and closed it off to the public, until they could log it. The logging should be pretty well done by now. Will do a drive by and let you know if they've re-opened it yet, but I some how doubt it.
Have caught some good fish near the pumping station too. Bit of walking involved, but have come back with some good bags at times.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:18 pm

Appartently works are completed and it's open to fishing but not in that area unfortunatelty :thumbsup:
http://www.coliban.com.au/site/root/pro ... tions.html
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Redhunter

Post by Redhunter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Boonanza wrote:Appartently works are completed and it's open to fishing but not in that area unfortunatelty :thumbsup:
http://www.coliban.com.au/site/root/pro ... tions.html
Thanks very much Boony! The rec area is open, I can vouch for that, but looks like the back section is still closed. Sections 4,5,6. Bugger! Hopefully not too far away from re-opening though. I'm sure the care taker is still raping it for scrubbies to sell off. From what I hear he's a pig of a bloke if you ever have the mis-fortune of running into him!

Redhunter

Post by Redhunter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:34 pm

4liters wrote:Are you allowed to kayak on it?
Nah mate, although the thought has crossed my mind before...lol.

Redhunter

Post by Redhunter » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:36 pm

O-oh...Now I've talked it up, I'm gonna catch doughnuts now. Hope it's a choc jam one!

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”