hogan island

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
skye

Re: hogan island

Post by skye » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:54 pm

scott__henning wrote:Mate pulled out tonight (we were going to take 2 boats) so no go for hogan unfortunately. We will get out there soon enough.

Cliffy instead, will just have to put up with the schools of kingies there instead
How do you rate the forecast? Blowing a bit harder than expected. I would normally be all for it but it's a 3 hour drive and a sudden gust isn't my old man's favourite.

scott__henning
Has liked: 1 time

Post by scott__henning » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:07 pm

skye wrote:
scott__henning wrote:Mate pulled out tonight (we were going to take 2 boats) so no go for hogan unfortunately. We will get out there soon enough.

Cliffy instead, will just have to put up with the schools of kingies there instead
How do you rate the forecast? Blowing a bit harder than expected. I would normally be all for it but it's a 3 hour drive and a sudden gust isn't my old man's favourite.
I recon she'll be a ripper day, south easterly is usually pretty flat offshore. I'm headed out before first light and I'm sure they will fire. Come on down!

scott__henning

Post by scott__henning » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:08 pm

BIG GAV wrote:

You are so hard done by sometimes Scott!
Someone finally understands the hardships I go through

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:49 pm

Cliffy instead, will just have to pu

t up with the schools of kingies there instead
how come you cant go with one boat??

Cheers bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

skye

Post by skye » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:35 am

barra mick wrote:

Cheers bm
Because it's a ridiculously long way to go and Scott was doing the right thing and making sure there was another boat just in case something did happen to go wrong. Safety matters much more than fish.

brycieboy

Post by brycieboy » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:26 am

i fished there a few years ago on a charter. we went from welshpool via cliffy, hogan and stayed the night at deal island. then the same on the way back. we got a few kingies around deal, and dropped another around cliffy. we also bottom fished around the islands for a mix of fish.

i think you made the right descision to not go on your own without another boat. its a long way. hogan doesnt offer also of proection where as deal has the other islands around it. and bays for shelter.

the depth around the island was around 70-90m (i think) and most of them dropped straight down. we also had a look at crocodile rock... dont run into this. . even tho we didnt get alot of fish it was a great spot to go to. something not alot of people would see.

album
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bmx7411 ... y/offshore

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:16 pm

Long way and the fishing is no different to the other islands.

Whilst it is worth going for the Adventure once very few would go back.

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:03 pm

skye wrote:
barra mick wrote:

Cheers bm
Because it's a ridiculously long way to go and Scott was doing the right thing and making sure there was another boat just in case something did happen to go wrong. Safety matters much more than fish.
yes agree that two boats is alot safer but nothing wrong with going by yourself.

I took my boat up the kimberly coast last october and apart from the normal problems had no real issues.

it makes you feel alive.

bm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

scott__henning

Post by scott__henning » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:32 pm

I get out there soon enough, super keen to give it a crack. Maybe Easter weekend.....

skye

Post by skye » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:43 pm

barra mick wrote:
skye wrote:
barra mick wrote:

Cheers bm
yes agree that two boats is alot safer but nothing wrong with going by yourself.

I took my boat up the kimberly coast last october and apart from the normal problems had no real issues.

it makes you feel alive.

bm

As you've said in the other thread
barra mick wrote:Nice work there scott.

Hopefully you get down to hogans soon to suss it out for us.!! Agree allways good with two boats for a trip like that.

cheers bm
Problem is that sometimes it makes you feel alive and then something that isn't in your control happens and you know... makes you feel dead.

Anyways, have to hit it up Scott. Was nearly going to offer to come out to Hogans with you after your other boat pulled out. There was a few boats that stayed in Refuge cove overnight according to a mate so I'm sure there were a few others wide too. ;-)

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”