Phillip Island

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Phillip Island

Post by greggo » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:36 pm

If you're looking for some fishing other than surf, there's some streams in the area that have got some cracker E.P's at the moment. You'll need to fish with soft plastics or hardbodies to get onto them. If you're interested, shoot me a pm for more details.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:53 pm

I'm not giving you any advice..
Anybody that get's a metre long cod, can fend for themselves
All I hope you catch is a cold..
Only Joking..Have a great time

Gra

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:19 pm

lachie.snow wrote:What kg would you guys recommend for the surf rod? I am currently looking at a 7-15kg but I'm not sure if that will be too heavy.
The casting weight might be the more relevant measure to base a decision on. No point getting something that casts 1oz if you might need 3oz leads to hold bottom, or vice versa.

What would you be targeting? Do you expect any bycatch that might put a lower limit on the capacity of your gear? Just some stuff that may or may not be worth thinking about.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

lachie.snow

Post by lachie.snow » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Texas wrote:I'm not giving you any advice..
Anybody that get's a metre long cod, can fend for themselves
All I hope you catch is a cold..
Only Joking..Have a great time

Gra
Hahahahaha :rofl:

lachie.snow

Post by lachie.snow » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:52 pm

4liters wrote:
lachie.snow wrote:What kg would you guys recommend for the surf rod? I am currently looking at a 7-15kg but I'm not sure if that will be too heavy.
The casting weight might be the more relevant measure to base a decision on. No point getting something that casts 1oz if you might need 3oz leads to hold bottom, or vice versa.

What would you be targeting? Do you expect any bycatch that might put a lower limit on the capacity of your gear? Just some stuff that may or may not be worth thinking about.
Not sure about the by catch mate but I've picked up a 6-8kg 12ft rod and paired it with a 650 penn spinfisher. I will probably be targeting salmon but really anything I can catch lol

skuxliss

Post by skuxliss » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:56 pm

Woolamai has been producing some Salmon so far. Bit of a treck to the point but is worth it though

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:14 pm

lachie.snow wrote:
4liters wrote:

Not sure about the by catch mate but I've picked up a 6-8kg 12ft rod and paired it with a 650 penn spinfisher. I will probably be targeting salmon but really anything I can catch lol
That sounds like a good all rounder. Should have enough stopping power for nearly everything you might come across, huge rays being the exception (nothing stops those *******).
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:53 pm

Nude up wrote:SURF FISH WOOLAMI BEACH OR THE CEMETARY AT KILCUNDA,THE MOUTH OF THE POWLET RIVER, ALSO GOOD BEACHES AT INVERLOCH. PLENTY OF OPTIONS AROUND THERE
Turn off your caps lock you knucklehead lol....

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”