werribee river where dose it change from salt to fresh water

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
adamk

werribee river where dose it change from salt to fresh water

Post by adamk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:29 am

werribee river: where dose it change from salt to fresh water ? prolly a stupid question but i'll ask it anyway since i plan to ride down it an then walk an suss as much of it as i can.

Fishsniper

Re: werribee river where dose it change from salt to fresh w

Post by Fishsniper » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:58 am

You know where the cliffs are on the bend below the golf coarse, well the river then bends and then continues untill it gets to the Zoo, well, it turns fresh as it runs along the Zoo

adamk

Post by adamk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:10 am

cheers for that because i have googled but no clear answers.
:)

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:13 am

You can get to the spot from farm road just follow the werribee river sign and park at the end then there is a walking track that will take you right to the spot and there have been a few redfin being caught on red spinners

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:14 am

Forgot to mention that I have had the best results on Mepps red spinners bud

Taff123

Post by Taff123 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:56 am

Fishsniper wrote:You can get to the spot from farm road just follow the werribee river sign and park at the end then there is a walking track that will take you right to the spot and there have been a few redfin being caught on red spinners
Sorry to ask, but can you provide me with a bit more information on which part of farm road to take and in which direction?

Thanks

adamk

Post by adamk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:00 am

Fishsniper wrote:Forgot to mention that I have had the best results on Mepps red spinners bud
had a friend using them on the redfin in pres park.
i did check out the bungies 2 nights ago early in the morning lots of birds on the other side. but did see some bubbling that wasint there when i first arived with water movement considering it was flat then ripples after splashing not bird. did flick a vibe around, was intresting.
but it comes down to the fact i read black bream sometimes will travel into fresh water. was reading about it in a wa parks pdf. like i read something about werribee river being not suited for mulloway in a sa uni feild result journal yet a guy landed one there at the cliffs. so i'm going to suss the river out since its the closest waterway for me lol.

but reading an piecing it all togethor

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:10 am

Go past the B24 liberator and the next road to the left is farm road, keep going till the end follow the gravel track to the car park and start walking along the track it is all freshwater then the track comes to an end you are right on the brakish water, yes, there are bream up that far and I have no doubt that mulloway would go up as far as the Zoo, I have a motorised push bike and I just follow the track and try a few holes, would like to come with ya and show ya one day its a part of the river that hasn't been heavily fished

Taff123

Post by Taff123 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:23 am

I've had a look at google maps and following your directions I seem to come to a dead end near the bay
Do you travel along farm road in the north or south direction?
Sorry to be annoying.

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:28 am

Turning left at the footy ground go past the green shed B24 Liberator and the next road on the left is farm road then you just follow it till the dead end then follow the gravel track that says Werribee river, you cant miss it

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”