Wankers On Piers

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
vinhii

Re: Wankers On Piers

Post by vinhii » Mon May 21, 2012 11:37 am

Shouldve karate kid his ass beno! hehe

Ive never really had anything like that happen to me.. O_o? maybe coz im nice :P!

But i hope your feeling better beno.
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Mon May 21, 2012 11:53 am

The only time I`ve had vague issues is during the peak summer period at sorrento pier..several incidents where I just shrugged my shoulders and walked away..the Dad who sets his two young kids up right on my shoulder, with soft plastics gear, (you can imagine the chaos), then he goes and sits down with his grog...jeez. The chinese guy who starts casting straight over the top of my line as I`m drifting an egi back towards myself..he apologises, then does the same thing about four times off the trot...All the locals down here love when Easter comes and it all goes quiet and civilized again..lol..
The beaches at Gunners and Portsea are great in this respect, you can just walk until you`ve got room...
I know what your saying Beno, no-one has a divine right to any spot on a pier, it just takes a little respect and the whole thing is cool.
Carl..

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 am

I seriously feel for you Beno, it sure annoys anyone when it happens, and I'm sure it happened with many of us before, and if not yet, it will happen one day or another
I personally have had this bad experience 2-3 times now, but I always remind myself that I would not spoil my fishing session over some arguments or some arrogates people like these ones
I usually start to speak to the other people politely and as quickly as they jump on my area and before getting things out of hand … but with some people, they didn’t get it the easy way … in this case I have to explain it more firmly (but still politely), and I usually make sure that I explain the point that we don’t need to waste time in clearing tangles or losing some gears … usually it works at this level, but if it did not work, then I cut my losses early and move to a quitter spots … all I lose in this case is some berley that I throw away, but who cares.
Sometime, keeping your peace and safety is more important than proving your rights, isn’t?

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Mon May 21, 2012 12:01 pm

I'm not surprise. I started fishing slightly over 1 eyars ago. I was a newbie and still am. But being a newbie on teh pier will make it worse. Alot of oldies on the piers (and I meant alot of those local fisho who are regular there) tend make their presence known that you are fishing at their "Usual spot". They will be out right abusive to you if you look slightly newbish or look like someone can be bullied easily.
If they can't bully you, they will then try other trick, delberately cast over you, fish close right next to you and then end up you can't cast properly because you are trapped. One time, I was trapped within two rod that one oldman set up left and right of me, basically 1 metre away from me (as a newbie, there is no chance oyu can cast striaght and accurate). Another time, you caught a fish, instead of being happy people to congrat you, they will curse and swear at nobody, because they believe that should eb their fish....

That's why I gave up fishing pier and got myself a kayak. At worse case, I'm happy with Surf fishing, which msot of people are more open and cheerful. One time I tangled someone on Gunnamatta (because of lousy cast), the other fisho jsut smile and tell me not to worry, and in fact, he gave em some tips in how to cast properly!

johnat24

Post by johnat24 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:26 pm

What a bunch of ******* idiots! No one has a divine right to a spot anywhere. If someone gets there before you tough, should have got up earlier! I dont know how you kept your temper in Benno, I certainly wouldn't have done! I tell them once, that is usually enough! Only on one occasion has it not been, and on that occasion, a six ounce lead cast over his line and dragging his rod in worked a treat! Some people have no manners and shouldn't be allowed without their carers!!

Beno

Post by Beno » Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 pm

Talha - Yeah they ended up leaving early as they weren't catching much, haha!!!

Beef - Frankston Beefy.

Slinga - Maybe there is a population explosion of D**k heads? lol.

Chris - I try to limit the amount of using piers, I only ever used to do landbased fishing in Westernport beaches but since then have been to busy to travel that far. Sometimes piers are your only option. :shock:

Vinhii - I swear I was so closed to knockin this guy out, thought about it for a minute but he was quite a big guy compared to me and he also had another brother and the nutty father so there was not much I could do. Im a real friendly easy going guy too.... that does't stop the pricks.

Carl - Yeah maybe if they had been friendly about it and asked I would of let them joined in, they were not a friendly bunch, there constant swearing and pushy tactics were just fitted to there low lifes. :bat:

Andoki - Exactly right about the safety, I didn't wan't to put myself or my friend indanger just because these pricks wanted a fish. I mean any violent injury over a fish is just pathetic. :Boxing: :roll:

Crazychenski - Yeah I would still pick beach or rockfishing any day over pier fishing ;)

Johnat - Yeah I know its just plain stupid how they would push in when there was heaps of room on both other sides and further up. Just because they weren't catching any and saw us pulling a few in :evil: I don't know I I kept my cool :twisted: :bat: :Boxing:
My Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/BenosFishing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; How to - Garfish/Float Rig
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/BenosFis ... 213?ref=hl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Mon May 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Well, better luck next time, not only for fishing but also for the people next to you too :) LOL

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Mon May 21, 2012 8:24 pm

A sad reflection of Australian society as a whole.

It doesn't just happen on piers either, it happens everywhere, shopping centres, work places, public transport, sporting venues.

Just makes me more determined to finish my renovations to my house, rent it out and move to the country.

How Melbourne is viewed as one of the most "Liveable" cities in the world is beyond me.

Cam.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Mon May 21, 2012 8:57 pm

SFP Guy. wrote:A sad reflection of Australian society as a whole.

It doesn't just happen on piers either, it happens everywhere, shopping centres, work places, public transport, sporting venues.

Just makes me more determined to finish my renovations to my house, rent it out and move to the country.

How Melbourne is viewed as one of the most "Liveable" cities in the world is beyond me.

Cam.
I have to agree and also disagree with you Cam.

A sad reflection of Australian society as a whole is a big statement. Without trying to sound racist I personally think that many of the scum that are on the piers are also part of a bigger picture that is creating this sad reflection of Australian society that have no respect for their new country, the rules or the people who made this the best country on Earth. Instead they want to bring it down to their level and expect us to take their ****. When and only when we get a government that has the balls to tell them to f*#k off then we will have a chance of getting our country back.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

SFP Guy.

Post by SFP Guy. » Mon May 21, 2012 9:24 pm

Boonanza wrote: A sad reflection of Australian society as a whole is a big statement. Without trying to sound racist I personally think that many of the scum that are on the piers are also part of a bigger picture that is creating this sad reflection of Australian society that have no respect for their new country, the rules or the people who made this the best country on Earth. Instead they want to bring it down to their level and expect us to take their shizen!. When and only when we get a government that has the balls to tell them to f*#k off then we will have a chance of getting our country back.
Having read the original post I think the language used lends itself to more the traditional Australian venacular then something a recent immigrant would say.

Cam.

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”