Corinella pier?

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
bigwatkins

Corinella pier?

Post by bigwatkins » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:22 pm

Hey everyone,
With port melbourne being way to over populated i was thinking of heading down to corinella on the chance of getting a gummy or some tings or even some mullet(just wanna have a fish)

So with that being said has anyone fished there recently? Im planing on going tomorrow morning so if anyone has any tips of reccomendations of anywhere better please let me know.

All land based.

Thanks

Milk man

Re: Corinella pier?

Post by Milk man » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Fished there last weekend.. Had about an 17 knot wind blowing in my face lol.. Plenty of trevs we're being caught.. Saw a few grassies, flatties and mullet get caught as well.. Pippies and pillies did most of the damage.. Burley is a must!
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Thanks mate that sounds like a tastey catch.
How was the weed??

I just realised moto gp is at phillip island this weekend could be a long drive down

Milk man

Post by Milk man » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:10 pm

bigwatkins wrote:Thanks mate that sounds like a tastey catch.
How was the weed??

I just realised moto gp is at phillip island this weekend could be a long drive down
Weed was bad! But it did get better as the the day went on.. Yeah you could be right! Either leave early or head somewhere else
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:28 pm

bigwatkins wrote:So with that being said has anyone fished there recently? Im planing on going tomorrow morning so if anyone has any tips of reccomendations of anywhere better please let me know.
Thanks
Something worth a mention - The MRA do a M/Cycle ride from Cranbourne to the Island tomorrow morning for the GP
The main drag gets blocked off around 7.30 and a gaggle of bikes fill the area then its a slow trip down to the Island for them
it would be worth getting through Cranbourne before this
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Thanks

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Ended up going to corinella last satday morning. Got there bang on high tide. Fished for around 4hours only got one mullet and one undersize flatty. Seen one really good sized whiting come up but nothing else. Seen the bloke next to me drop the top half of his rod down the gap in the pier to haha unlucky bye bye rod.

The tide was so strong as usual at corinella and plenty of people crossing lines.
Packed up and headed to tooradin to fish the inlet but by this time it was extremly low tide. Went to thw sports club for a wile to put a few bets on the caulfield cup and smash the top of a few then back out to the inlet. Tones and tones of bights but couldnt manage to hook up .
Gave up around 2 and headed home to watch the races.

Good day fishing again just a few to many things working against me.... Weeeed!!!! >__<

Cheers guys

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:47 pm

bigwatkins wrote:Ended up going to corinella last satday morning. Got there bang on high tide. Fished for around 4hours only got one mullet and one undersize flatty. Seen one really good sized whiting come up but nothing else. Seen the bloke next to me drop the top half of his rod down the gap in the pier to haha unlucky bye bye rod.

The tide was so strong as usual at corinella and plenty of people crossing lines.
Packed up and headed to tooradin to fish the inlet but by this time it was extremly low tide. Went to thw sports club for a wile to put a few bets on the caulfield cup and smash the top of a few then back out to the inlet. Tones and tones of bights but couldnt manage to hook up .

Good day fishing again just a few to many things working against me.... Weeeed!!!! >__<

Cheers guys
What sized hooks were you using, think they were mullet or toadies at tooradin?? Im planning on collecting some bait over the next few weeks, and Im not far from tooradin (Frankston) and have been considering popping down there for a couple of sneaky bait collecting sessions.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:50 pm

bigwatkins wrote:Ended up going to corinella last satday morning. Got there bang on high tide. Fished for around 4hours only got one mullet and one undersize flatty. Seen one really good sized whiting come up but nothing else. Seen the bloke next to me drop the top half of his rod down the gap in the pier to haha unlucky bye bye rod.

Cheers guys

Try a size 14 mosquito hook half a metre under a float and a fair bit of burley at Tooradin. you'll get a heap of 10ish cm mullet which turn into great live / whole dead baits for bigger stuff.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Yer I'd say my hooks were to big. Had the same issue at corinella. My guess is toadys

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”