quick report

If it doesn't fit in a specific saltwater section, post it here
aliencaster

quick report

Post by aliencaster » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:14 am

Hi fellas

Fished 13th Beach last night, got there 12 midnight to find a roaring swell, and an already very high tide. First cast took and undersized Gummy which went back to grow a bit, next came a whiting, big one, took a 9/0 with a slab of cuttle fish on it :shock: , next up were 4 pinkies a little better than a kilo, two of which donated them selves for fillets :mrgreen: , lost any amount more, both rods sporting twin 9/0 hooks so a bit hard too hook them properly, next came a 3 kilo salmon on cuttle fish and a few big skate and finnished off with another undersized gummy which also went back to grow a bit and one more at about 4 kilo's which wanted to come home with me, so I obliged the request :mrgreen: . A bout 5 am saw the beach weed up in a spectacular way, one lump gave me a 30 minute fight :reel: so I pulled the pin and came home. Seems to be a fair amount of fish there at the moment, sorry no pics as my daughter took the camera to school camp. Worth a go for any surf fisho's out there in fishing victoria land.

cheers Lee

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”