Tackleberry
Has liked: 289 times

Re: Variable legal size limits.

Post by Tackleberry » Thu May 10, 2018 11:40 pm

cobby wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
frozenpod wrote:
Mattblack wrote:Make things a lot easier all fish were all 30cm minimum

What about species that don't grow bigger than 30cm?
Throw them back...be great to see the ecosystem recover one day
And by doing that you also destroy the Mulloway, Kingfish and shark fisheries that only just reach sexual maturity at current size limits.... Clap clap
haha that's if the average fisho can catch them and you and I know they cant
"When the people fear the Govn't, that is Tyrany, when the Govn't fear the people, that is Liberty"

Experience is what you get when **** happens

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Thu May 10, 2018 11:41 pm

In my opinion your fishing licence should be able to be used in all states the same as your driver's licence and there should be national regulations regarding bag limit and size limits. Crazy this hasn't already been done!
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:57 am

LINwAd wrote:In my opinion your fishing licence should be able to be used in all states the same as your driver's licence and there should be national regulations regarding bag limit and size limits. Crazy this hasn't already been done!
Agree 1 fishing licence should be nationally accepted.
Regarding fish sizes flathead should be min of 30cm in vic then you atleast get a decent fillet from them.
Pinkies should be 36cm give them chance to grow and allow them to spawn once

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri May 11, 2018 8:47 am

smile0784 wrote:
LINwAd wrote:In my opinion your fishing licence should be able to be used in all states the same as your driver's licence and there should be national regulations regarding bag limit and size limits. Crazy this hasn't already been done!
Agree 1 fishing licence should be nationally accepted.
Regarding fish sizes flathead should be min of 30cm in vic then you atleast get a decent fillet from them.
Pinkies should be 36cm give them chance to grow and allow them to spawn once

Yes 1 licence or no licences at all.

The problem with a size limit of 36cm is most of them die due to barotrauma.

So you are sending fish back which will die regardless and you might as well keep them rather than keep fishing hoping to catch one just over 36cm.

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Fri May 11, 2018 10:55 am

crumpet_avenger wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:I don't think the duskies in east gippy onwards into NSW are flourishing in numbers compared to the sand flathead & blue spots we catch in the bays down here, might be a reason for the differential in size, as well as the growth rate of the species. Duskys are the largest of the flathead family, with the bluespot being the second largest. IDK tho.

I Wouldn't keep a Whiting, Flathead, Pinky under 35cm tbh...

cheers
I was considering taking you out on my boat since yours is ******... but i couldnt have a passenger tellen me sorry im not keepen this 34 cm whiting or pinkie...

Im more than happy to take a 28 cm fish. Mind you i dont bag out on them.
I catch 6 to 10 a trip. Not a full bag.... Not many are 28 as i fish real area of the port... they are bigger

Fisheries stipulate bags and size limits... not everyone has access to a boat. Some people are wrapt with a 27 cm whiting off a pier..

I think some boaties want to change rules as if its normal to catch a 30+ CM whiting or pinkie.
Pier fishing is included too. Dont get ahead of yourselves cause you have a boat.

Good luck catching keeper fish without a boat if 30+ cm limits come in....

Gotta start somewhere
Nah cmon I’m still a qualified deckie... RIP fishing with Brad...
I Didn’t say that though. I said I wouldn’t keep them under that size.. we’ll most of the time. That’s just me... Doesn’t mean I want it changed.. tbh I don’t care haha.
Yeah look, a 33/34cm fish comes along to complete a bag or whatever it may be.. probably would keep? Just wouldn’t want my bag or catch being filled with skinny short fish, I’ve done it before :banana: I don’t do it often, don’t think it’s worth it, they are skinny... I make an effort to release them under and keep over.

If I had the money right now to buy a sarca anchor and more chain/rope, believe me...I would be fishing the western channel and surrounds down south 24/7 for a Great Grey and some fat fish. Can’t hold bottom mate. I do pretty well for someone who’s been fishing the place for 7 months ;) ;)

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri May 11, 2018 11:52 am

Can't even fish LB in Victoria & catch a fish in the Murray, without a NSW licence.
Don't even think of asking a Park Ranger (employed by Victoria) if he has any jurisdiction in NSW, it doesn't go down well.
I know it's not expensive, but, it annoys me

I always get a NSW licence, if fishing the Murray
Gra
Just checked VFA's Target 1 million budget 2015-2019
In that it states :- Introduce reciprocal licensing arrangements with NSW

Return to “General Salt Water Fishing”