Snapper Season

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Tomcat1

Re: Snapper Season

Post by Tomcat1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 pm

well the winds arent very good tonight but i think i might get out and do some fishing anyway. i need to get out and get some fresh air even though its cold fresh air lol. will let everyone know how i do.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Tomcat1 wrote:well the winds arent very good tonight but i think i might get out and do some fishing anyway. i need to get out and get some fresh air even though its cold fresh air lol. will let everyone know how i do.

Good luck Tom , hope you land that BigRed ;)

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:44 pm

well its time to get out and try to catch something

Tomcat1

Post by Tomcat1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:23 pm

went to mordi pier last night. caught nothing but banjos. all i took with me was 3 of my surf rods didnt take a spinning setup. 2 of my mates were throwing squid jigs towards the end of the pier where there is no reef and caught a couple of decent squid. one of them moved down the pier where the reef is at and caught a few more. so the squid seem to be doing better this year than last.but still not many garfish and no salmon there.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:07 pm

I went to Hampton last night and tried for cala. BIG DOUGHNUTS to all of us who were chasing cala. A few pinkies caught but over all, a disappointing session.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Raulfc7 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Fish-cador wrote:I went to Hampton last night and tried for cala. BIG DOUGHNUTS to all of us who were chasing cala. A few pinkies caught but over all, a disappointing session.
FC did you lose any jigs chasing the cala?
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

fishfan

Post by fishfan » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 pm

No big reds or any reds at rye on sunday weather was really bad for the boat, Trailer got bogged at the boat ramp to much sand on the concrete ramp big westaly wind blowing crap all over the ramp, always seems that the local council only look after the ramp and facilaties when it is summer and all the tourist are down that way but they happily take your 12 bucks in the off season. So headed off to hastings where the weater was great, the water was like glass got there about 1pm caught a few flatty's no reports of any reds getting caught but a lot of couta and squid making a lot of happy fishermen and fisherwomen!!
IF FISHING IS A SPORT
I'M AN ATHLETE

Return to “Snapper Fishing”