Has liked: 39 times

Re: Snagged Rig/tackle/lures

Post by smile0784 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:25 pm

Good advice there can't add to that.
Let us know if advice works for you

Deepak

Post by Deepak » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:19 am

Kenle wrote:I've fished there before, 2 best rig that worked for me was unweighted rig where you put bait on the hook and literally whip it out and let it sink, this only works if pumps not working. The other method is float rig where you stop the rig just before it hits the bottom, this works great when pumps on and only down side is you gotta constantly cast and retrieve once the lines drifted far and starts to swing inwards towards the rocks. I've caught more fish on the unweighted rig mainly bream and mullet. Goodluck mate
Will definitely try it. What do you mean by pump on/not working. Cant figure it out. sorry

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:02 am

I think he’s talking about the power stations hot water sometimes it’s working sometimes it’s not. Good fishing when it is.

Deepak

Post by Deepak » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:21 am

Lightningx wrote:I think he’s talking about the power stations hot water sometimes it’s working sometimes it’s not. Good fishing when it is.
Ahhhh, cheers.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:26 am

Deepak wrote:
Lightningx wrote:I think he’s talking about the power stations hot water sometimes it’s working sometimes it’s not. Good fishing when it is.
Ahhhh, cheers.
No problem :)

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:56 pm

Kenle wrote:
best rig hat worked for me is an unweighted rig where you put bait on the hook and literally whip it out and let it sink
That's a good way. Similar to that "no sinker rig" where it falls where you cast and leave it, is, cast a normal rig and then don't move it an inch, not even a smidgen of an inch, just leave the rig where it lands. Hard to do, as it is natural to wind in the slack and have the sinker "grab the bottom" (meaning feeling that the sinker is resting nicely and holding the line tight-ish). Mate and I fish one landbased location where the Rig Tax is high. We only wind in the line until it is almost tight, just slightly slack. You still see the bites. But yes, it still does move over time, or by trying to strike etc etc. It just helps.

BUT, an odd think I saw another fisho do when he got a snag, seems to work, not everytime but you do get some rigs back. When he got a snag, he tighten up the line a considerable amount, and twanged the line like a guitar string. Not sure, if it's the vibration down the line to the rig that helps or what, but it does work sometimes.

Good luck Deepak, may your fish be plenty and your rigs be Boomerangs

Cheers, Bugatti

April Fool
Has liked: 223 times

Post by April Fool » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:19 pm

Bugatti wrote:..........................

BUT, an odd think I saw another fisho do when he got a snag, seems to work, not everytime but you do get some rigs back. When he got a snag, he tighten up the line a considerable amount, and twanged the line like a guitar string. Not sure, if it's the vibration down the line to the rig that helps or what, but it does work sometimes.........
I use this method with success when using lures in freshwater. By success I mean perhaps 70% retrieval. The important thing is when you first become snagged, do not pull too hard before you try the above method. Tension the line and then 'twang' it. Some people point the rod straight at the snagged lure, others will bend the rod. See what works for you.
Cheers
Jim

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:22 pm

April Fool wrote:

BUT, an odd think I saw another fisho do when he got a snag, seems to work, not everytime but you do get some rigs back. When he got a snag, he tighten up the line a considerable amount, and twanged the line like a guitar string. Not sure, if it's the vibration down the line to the rig that helps or what, but it does work sometimes.........
I use this method with success when using lures in freshwater. By success I mean perhaps 70% retrieval. The important thing is when you first become snagged, do not pull too hard before you try the above method. Tension the line and then 'twang' it. Some people point the rod straight at the snagged lure, others will bend the rod. See what works for you.
Cheers
Jim

Yes, it does work, not sure how but happy it does. And yes, I just took it for granted about not pulling too hard to really set the snag, because yes (again) once you know that you have a Rock Cod (minus the Cod), the better your chances are. I just grab the line direct, I think you get a better feel of the snag and how much tension to put on.

Mate Don, who I mostly fish with (MGB Jetty Kart) and I, have this tune we sound out, when one of us is twanging the line, then soon the other joins in , , , , it doesn't do anything other than us being noobs BUT it does put you in a good mood, and it isn't as devastating if you lose the rig.

That tune ????
deliv 3.jpg

The Bango Tune from Deliverance
deliv 2.jpg
Don't know about you April, but I now have that tune in my head, and a big grin :-D

Cheers, Bugatti

Deepak

Post by Deepak » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:25 am

Bugatti wrote:
Kenle wrote:
best rig hat worked for me is an unweighted rig where you put bait on the hook and literally whip it out and let it sink
That's a good way. Similar to that "no sinker rig" where it falls where you cast and leave it, is, cast a normal rig and then don't move it an inch, not even a smidgen of an inch, just leave the rig where it lands. Hard to do, as it is natural to wind in the slack and have the sinker "grab the bottom" (meaning feeling that the sinker is resting nicely and holding the line tight-ish). Mate and I fish one landbased location where the Rig Tax is high. We only wind in the line until it is almost tight, just slightly slack. You still see the bites. But yes, it still does move over time, or by trying to strike etc etc. It just helps.

BUT, an odd think I saw another fisho do when he got a snag, seems to work, not everytime but you do get some rigs back. When he got a snag, he tighten up the line a considerable amount, and twanged the line like a guitar string. Not sure, if it's the vibration down the line to the rig that helps or what, but it does work sometimes.

Good luck Deepak, may your fish be plenty and your rigs be Boomerangs

Cheers, Bugatti
Thanks Bugatti,
Much appreciated
Been having a crappy time fishing their. Will definitely try it.
I am using and 8ft road with 12lbs monoline.
Any suggestion plz????

Deepak

Post by Deepak » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:29 am

April Fool wrote:

Cheers
Jim
Damn, learning new things everyday.
70% retrieval, thats success.
just hoping to get a nice snapper.

Return to “Snapper Fishing”