Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Re: Where are the snapper

Post by Mattblack » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:10 am

Lightningx wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
5F756AAD-B3AC-4D37-8301-B8F3D2819272.jpeg
St Kilda must have had all the luck (had to motor all the way down to bloody Frankston to find something though) Got this on a snapper snatcher with 1/2 pilchards @ 20 mts on the change of tide at midday
That’s a nice fish mate.
No luck for me again. Launched at 3 am from st kilda and headed straight for the 16 m mark at black rock. Then moved out to 17m. Headed in shallow and picked up 6 squid then back out but no snappers. Will be giving it another go soon :)
I launched at about 8.30am...took a while to get a carpark as the public area was at capacity. Ive found it really hard to find marks at the top of the bay this year. The couple of fish I fluked yesterday had empty stomachs as well.

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:49 am

In the north arm WP, thats where ;)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:38 am

Mattblack wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
5F756AAD-B3AC-4D37-8301-B8F3D2819272.jpeg
St Kilda must have had all the luck (had to motor all the way down to bloody Frankston to find something though) Got this on a snapper snatcher with 1/2 pilchards @ 20 mts on the change of tide at midday
That’s a nice fish mate.
No luck for me again. Launched at 3 am from st kilda and headed straight for the 16 m mark at black rock. Then moved out to 17m. Headed in shallow and picked up 6 squid then back out but no snappers. Will be giving it another go soon :)
I launched at about 8.30am...took a while to get a carpark as the public area was at capacity. Ive found it really hard to find marks at the top of the bay this year. The couple of fish I fluked yesterday had empty stomachs as well.
Yea sounds like you were very lucky. When I arrived at the ramp at around 2:30 the car park already had a lot of cars and trailers. We couldn’t have done anymore. We got the usual bag of flatties and some squid when heading back in shallow. Then With the fresh squid we headed back out first to the 10-11 metre mark along the channel with no luck then to 14 metres. Plenty of boats around that mark but we wanted to keep away from the crowd and it didn’t look like much was happening there anyway. Most people are like sheep. Our last stop after we left another guy came and anchored right on our spot lol we caught bananas there but yea. Some guys are very desperate :rofl: launched at 3 am and we were back at the ramp at around 4 pm. Not our day :)

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:39 am

STriplett1997 wrote:In the north arm WP, thats where ;)
Wish it was closer for me mate... :( good to see you’re doing well though mate :thumbsup:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Finally took home a decent snapper today. 75cm caught on green bill. I tried to dangle a pilchard to catch it but the fish monger snipped my line.

ChristianGoneFishing
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ChristianGoneFishing » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Fish-cador wrote:Finally took home a decent snapper today. 75cm caught on green bill. I tried to dangle a pilchard to catch it but the fish monger snipped my line.
Awesome!! Haha. That is what I need to do

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:58 pm

smokin_reels wrote:Launched the Kayak off Altona on Sunday morning.
ran into 3 flathead , just on legal that i threw back.

Didnt see anything pink or red.
Should have stuck to plan A :-D

williwonder

Post by williwonder » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Caught these guys Sunday, whilst been surrounded by other boats between Willi and Altona, the big is just under 7 Kegs, dropped a nice fish after getting it all the way up ,and seeing my glowbead above the leader.
Cant complain plenty of guys donuted.
Attachments
20181104_095648.jpg

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:06 pm

williwonder wrote:Caught these guys Sunday, whilst been surrounded by other boats between Willi and Altona, the big is just under 7 Kegs, dropped a nice fish after getting it all the way up ,and seeing my glowbead above the leader.
Def some solid fish landed on sunday, our bite period was 30 mins or so just as the sun came up.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:19 pm

williwonder wrote:Caught these guys Sunday, whilst been surrounded by other boats between Willi and Altona, the big is just under 7 Kegs, dropped a nice fish after getting it all the way up ,and seeing my glowbead above the leader.
Very nice mate.
Well done :thumbsup:

Return to “Snapper Fishing”