More reds! WP Turning on

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Re: More reds! WP Turning on

Post by STriplett1997 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:51 pm

rb85 wrote:Well done Sam don’t get caught up with the dropped fish comes with the territory when targeting early season snapper they don’t take the bait as aggressively now compared to mid November.

What hooks where you using mate?

Thanks mate. We were using 4/0 gama suicides, and i don't think my mate had the right drag pressure to really dig them in under load :/. Or else i really am not sure what happened, stayed tight the whole time & went easy. you live and you learn i suppose.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:09 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
rb85 wrote:Well done Sam don’t get caught up with the dropped fish comes with the territory when targeting early season snapper they don’t take the bait as aggressively now compared to mid November.

What hooks where you using mate?

Thanks mate. We were using 4/0 gama suicides, and i don't think my mate had the right drag pressure to really dig them in under load :/. Or else i really am not sure what happened, stayed tight the whole time & went easy. you live and you learn i suppose.
Just fishing I have found early season reds a lot of the time I have just pinned one of the snelled hooks in the corner of the mouth.

So long as the hooks are sharp it helps I tend to only use hooks on one trip. My choice is the black magic dx but there’s nothing wrong with gamas.

Always hurts losing a good fish I lost a solid one under similar circumstances to your mate pissed me off but that’s fishing.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:53 pm

Its heart breaking dropping fish :( you've had a brilliant start to the season though. I gotta come around your side of the bay. The eastern side has been pathetic so far for me :( feels bad

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:14 am

Kimtown wrote:Its heart breaking dropping fish :( you've had a brilliant start to the season though. I gotta come around your side of the bay. The eastern side has been pathetic so far for me :( feels bad
Sure is mate, ah well. Cheers, Joes island afternoon run ins doing well

Return to “Snapper Fishing”