Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: snapper tips?

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 10:48 am

barwonboy wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
barwonboy wrote:thanks heaps for the tips guys, im gonna launch around brighton and im gonna try and find some sort of structure ans burley up, ill let you know on how i go
I launched from St Kilda yesterday in calm conditions with the missus and got a nice bag of pinkies at black rock in 6-9 metres :thumbsup:

good job mate, ill probably try around there aswell
Got a few nice Whiting as well in the same area if your interested in those :)

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Mon May 07, 2018 11:14 am

Lightningx wrote:
barwonboy wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
barwonboy wrote:thanks heaps for the tips guys, im gonna launch around brighton and im gonna try and find some sort of structure ans burley up, ill let you know on how i go
I launched from St Kilda yesterday in calm conditions with the missus and got a nice bag of pinkies at black rock in 6-9 metres :thumbsup:

good job mate, ill probably try around there aswell
Got a few nice Whiting as well in the same area if your interested in those :)
sounds good mate, ill be sure to try around there

STriplett1997
Has liked: 14 times

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Lightningx wrote:

Were you off Ricketts?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 1:23 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Were you off Ricketts?
Too many boats were there. I wasn’t far though mate :P

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon May 07, 2018 5:04 pm

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Were you off Ricketts?

Was going to say, if you were with your missus i think i might've seen you.

Was out with a few mates, smashed the squid near mordi with a nice 33cm hood which was surprising! and then the sambo action. tried for pinkies also but plagued by 30cm fish, couldnt find any of size.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 8:32 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Were you off Ricketts?

Was out with a few mates, smashed the squid near mordi with a nice 33cm hood which was surprising! and then the sambo action. tried for pinkies also but plagued by 30cm fish, couldnt find any of size.
Sounds like not a bad session mate.
Our pinkies were all around 33-39cm but had to get through a lot of just undersize fish as well. Managed a few nice whitings mixed in as well.
You came across a school of sambos? Love it when that happens. Did you smash them with lures?

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:53 pm

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote: I launched from St Kilda yesterday in calm conditions with the missus and got a nice bag of pinkies at black rock in 6-9 metres :thumbsup:

Were you off Ricketts?

Our pinkies were all around 33-39cm but had to get through a lot of just undersize fish as well. Managed a few nice whitings mixed in as well.
You came across a school of sambos? Love it when that happens. Did you smash them with lures?
Yeah mate. I've seen a lot of bust ups but this one was ridiculous, looked like it was blowing 15 knots they were smacking the surface so hard. Boated 21 sambos, all about 1kg - 1.5kg using 1-3kg 6lb outfits. Not the most sought after species but i love casting metals at them. Could do it for hours

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 9:24 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Were you off Ricketts?

Yeah mate. I've seen a lot of bust ups but this one was ridiculous, looked like it was blowing 15 knots they were smacking the surface so hard. Boated 21 sambos, all about 1kg - 1.5kg using 1-3kg 6lb outfits. Not the most sought after species but i love casting metals at them. Could do it for hours
Haha I’m the same as you mate. I can’t get enough of that stuff. Sounds like they were good size too. Would have been great fun with that gear :thumbsup: I’m hoping to come across some nice chunky ones soon as well. They were more towards mordi area? We had a massive seal come join the party in the end which ended the session :rofl:

STriplett1997

Post by STriplett1997 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:37 pm

Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote: Too many boats were there. I wasn’t far though mate :P

Haha I’m the same as you mate. I can’t get enough of that stuff. Sounds like they were good size too. Would have been great fun with that gear :thumbsup: I’m hoping to come across some nice chunky ones soon as well. They were more towards mordi area? We had a massive seal come join the party in the end which ended the session :rofl:
Bloody seals. Yeah around the marine park at Ricketts. Here’s some footage that my mate onboard shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0VoYbQ_oo

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 07, 2018 10:27 pm

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Bloody seals. Yeah around the marine park at Ricketts. Here’s some footage that my mate onboard shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0VoYbQ_oo
Haha now I know what all the boats were doing there. I could see you all in the distance. Dam next time. Those kind of bust ups get me going every time. It’s ok the pinkies kept us busy anyway. Thanks for sharing. Saw guys on there phones zooming past us heading your way as well. We were about to pulll up the anchor and check out what was going on a few times :rofl:

Return to “Snapper Fishing”