Post by smile0784 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:05 am

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Were you off Ricketts?
Too many boats were there. I wasn’t far though mate :P

Was going to say, if you were with your missus i think i might've seen you.

Was out with a few mates, smashed the squid near mordi with a nice 33cm hood which was surprising! and then the sambo action. tried for pinkies also but plagued by 30cm fish, couldnt find any of size.
Sounds like not a bad session mate.
Our pinkies were all around 33-39cm but had to get through a lot of just undersize fish as well. Managed a few nice whitings mixed in as well.
You came across a school of sambos? Love it when that happens. Did you smash them with lures?
Yeah mate. I've seen a lot of bust ups but this one was ridiculous, looked like it was blowing 15 knots they were smacking the surface so hard. Boated 21 sambos, all about 1kg - 1.5kg using 1-3kg 6lb outfits. Not the most sought after species but i love casting metals at them. Could do it for hours
Sounds like awsome fun

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: snapper tips?

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:07 am

STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
STriplett1997 wrote:

Was going to say, if you were with your missus i think i might've seen you.

Was out with a few mates, smashed the squid near mordi with a nice 33cm hood which was surprising! and then the sambo action. tried for pinkies also but plagued by 30cm fish, couldnt find any of size.
Sounds like not a bad session mate.
Our pinkies were all around 33-39cm but had to get through a lot of just undersize fish as well. Managed a few nice whitings mixed in as well.
You came across a school of sambos? Love it when that happens. Did you smash them with lures?
Yeah mate. I've seen a lot of bust ups but this one was ridiculous, looked like it was blowing 15 knots they were smacking the surface so hard. Boated 21 sambos, all about 1kg - 1.5kg using 1-3kg 6lb outfits. Not the most sought after species but i love casting metals at them. Could do it for hours
Haha I’m the same as you mate. I can’t get enough of that stuff. Sounds like they were good size too. Would have been great fun with that gear :thumbsup: I’m hoping to come across some nice chunky ones soon as well. They were more towards mordi area? We had a massive seal come join the party in the end which ended the session :rofl:
Bloody seals. Yeah around the marine park at Ricketts. Here’s some footage that my mate onboard shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0VoYbQ_oo
Good video mate

Return to “Snapper Fishing”