Docklands

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Re: Docklands

Post by KeenAds » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:30 pm

Your doing well mate keep at it you will get lucky again soon. I enjoy seeing the young kids getting stuck into fishing and it slowly turning into an addiction like it has for most of us.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Yi1978 wrote:
barwonboy wrote:super slow day down at docklands today. I think after all the schools of salmon yesterday ate all the food, the other fish have moved out to warmies or in port Phillip bay. I ended up with 1 salmon on the slug and 1 Bream on chicken :thumbsup:
Water temperature is cold and i reckon you gonna have more bagged out days when weather warms up
Yeah man hopefully the salmon will run through again :thumbsup:

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:46 pm

KeenAds wrote:Your doing well mate keep at it you will get lucky again soon. I enjoy seeing the young kids getting stuck into fishing and it slowly turning into an addiction like it has for most of us.
Thanks man. I've been fishing since I was 2 years old and I was using a Spider-Man rod from target. Now 12 years later I'm fully addicted :super:

Hammy Y

Post by Hammy Y » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:44 pm

barwonboy wrote:
KeenAds wrote:Your doing well mate keep at it you will get lucky again soon. I enjoy seeing the young kids getting stuck into fishing and it slowly turning into an addiction like it has for most of us.
Thanks man. I've been fishing since I was 2 years old and I was using a Spider-Man rod from target. Now 12 years later I'm fully addicted :super:
Good stuff mate, wish I was able to get down to docklands for a fish, sounds like the Salmon and Bream are a blast, I'm 16 and have been fishing since I was about 6-7 and recently I've got addicted. Not so much money hitting the bank account these days as its all flying out of the wallet into new rods, reels, lures and whatnot.
Cheers,
Ham

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:02 am

Hammy Y wrote:
barwonboy wrote:
Good stuff mate, wish I was able to get down to docklands for a fish, sounds like the Salmon and Bream are a blast, I'm 16 and have been fishing since I was about 6-7 and recently I've got addicted. Not so much money hitting the bank account these days as its all flying out of the wallet into new rods, reels, lures and whatnot.
Cheers,
Ham
Aha yeah man fishing sure does become an addiction easily. I'm going to docklands again tomorrow with a mate of mine and I'll give a report. Docklands is definetly worth a crack if you ever have the chance :thumbsup:

Hammy Y

Post by Hammy Y » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:16 am

What rods, reels and more importantly lines and leaders are u using for docklands?
Cheers

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 pm

Hammy Y wrote:What rods, reels and more importantly lines and leaders are u using for docklands?
Cheers
Honestly any rod works well. If it can pull in a snapper it can pull in anything else at docklands. I use a 2500 to a 3000 reel. And for line I use 10lb mono with a 20lb leader. I usually use a running sinker rig with a small ball sinker and a small long shank

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Went out to docklands again today, this time with my mate :)! It was a quiet day once again with only one fish landed. I think since there hasn't been much rain it's a bit slow as not much food scraps are washing in from drains. My mate pulled in a fat 28cm trevally. Caught on chicken. Oh well I'll give reports on my next trip

Hammy Y

Post by Hammy Y » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:23 pm

:banana:
barwonboy wrote:Went out to docklands again today, this time with my mate :)! It was a quiet day once again with only one fish landed. I think since there hasn't been much rain it's a bit slow as not much food scraps are washing in from drains. My mate pulled in a fat 28cm trevally. Caught on chicken. Oh well I'll give reports on my next trip
Unlucky mate, sounds like a decent trev though, tight lines

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Hammy Y wrote::banana:
barwonboy wrote:Went out to docklands again today, this time with my mate :)! It was a quiet day once again with only one fish landed. I think since there hasn't been much rain it's a bit slow as not much food scraps are washing in from drains. My mate pulled in a fat 28cm trevally. Caught on chicken. Oh well I'll give reports on my next trip
Unlucky mate, sounds like a decent trev though, tight lines

Thanks mate, the Trev was pulling drag it was crazy :cheers:

Return to “Snapper Fishing”