Docklands

Big Red's, Pinkies, Pagrus auratus, Melbourne Snapper, the Crimson Tide
barwonboy

Re: Docklands

Post by barwonboy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:22 pm

johnnycjay wrote:Take more than you limit of Salmon. Wanker.
Mate calm down. This isn't a forum for people like you to spit the dummy. the four extra were gut hooked so they died when I was ripping the hook out :down:

Yi1978

Post by Yi1978 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:34 pm

top job, dude.

i was there in the afternoon with my son at north wharf and only my son caught a salmon but yeah....definately there are groups around as when i was healping out my son my rob bend too but i lost it :(

may stock a lure in the box for now just in case :fish22: :fish22: :fish22:

bilby

Post by bilby » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:47 pm

I picked up a nice 35cm tailor in Docklands the other day, so they may be lurking around the salmon schools too.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:48 pm

Astounds good guys, I will be there tomorrow trying again I'll let you all know how it goes

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:40 pm

One way to fix the easy unhooking of salmon is to change the treble hook to a single hook. That way its easier to unhook.
If the whole treble is in the salmons mouth its extremely hard to unhook without ripping open the mouth of the fish.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:45 am

purple5ive wrote:One way to fix the easy unhooking of salmon is to change the treble hook to a single hook. That way its easier to unhook.
If the whole treble is in the salmons mouth its extremely hard to unhook without ripping open the mouth of the fish.
If it was a treble or a single hook when you gut hook a fish and you have to literally rip it out of its throat. It usually dies before you can release. I did try reviving some but they just turned on they're belly and started floating

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:13 am

im suprised you are gut hooking them on slugs mate. but yeah once is gone down deep its game over usually.

and as for putting fish back wether they are dead or not once your over the limit, fisheries dont care if your over you will get fined regardless.
best thing to do is to give the fish to the next guy fishing near you. or throw them back in the drink.

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:51 pm

purple5ive wrote:im suprised you are gut hooking them on slugs mate. but yeah once is gone down deep its game over usually.

and as for putting fish back wether they are dead or not once your over the limit, fisheries dont care if your over you will get fined regardless.
best thing to do is to give the fish to the next guy fishing near you. or throw them back in the drink.
Yeah mate I agree I will most likely give em to my dad's work mates next time

barwonboy

Post by barwonboy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:53 pm

super slow day down at docklands today. I think after all the schools of salmon yesterday ate all the food, the other fish have moved out to warmies or in port Phillip bay. I ended up with 1 salmon on the slug and 1 Bream on chicken :thumbsup:

Yi1978

Post by Yi1978 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:20 pm

barwonboy wrote:super slow day down at docklands today. I think after all the schools of salmon yesterday ate all the food, the other fish have moved out to warmies or in port Phillip bay. I ended up with 1 salmon on the slug and 1 Bream on chicken :thumbsup:
Water temperature is cold and i reckon you gonna have more bagged out days when weather warms up

Return to “Snapper Fishing”